ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: LT GREY] #3280702
08/19/12 07:51 AM
08/19/12 07:51 AM
Ontario
K
Kermit Offline
trapper
Kermit  Offline
trapper
K

Ontario
Then you haven't bought much in the way of flowers ,chocolate or wine.So yes LT you can make a first impression a second time.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3280804
08/19/12 09:32 AM
08/19/12 09:32 AM
Ohio
BBM Pres Offline
trapper
BBM Pres  Offline
trapper

Ohio
One of the actual rights we have here in America is the right to free speech. Every person reading these posts have the right to comment on them, and say what they believe to be correct. They can tell anyone how they should dress, how they should act, what is right and what is wrong. However, there is nothing anywhere that says other readers must do as they say.

Years ago I heard this definition I've paraphrased by a Chief Justice (I don't remember who unfortunately) that sums this up quite nicely. "Your right to freedom of speech ends at the tip of my nose."

I for one would rather be given the choice of making a change rather than having it forced upon me. I may not like the change; however, I'd rather decide to give a little instead of loosing everything. For example, I'd rather agree to use a certain size foothold trap than to not be allowed to trap. This approach allows me to still trap while I try to change the foothold size restriction. Basically, this is what is being discussed in this thread.

Tending your garden means looking after it and if your neighbor is doing something that may effect your garden, then it becomes your responsibility to say something to them. Whether or not they accept your advice, is a totally different item. If you don't say anything then you have nobody but yourself to blame for what happens. For another example, look at the Ohio Senate and the bill they are looking at for wildlife control.

This bill was originally introduced into the House of Representatives by 5 or 6 individuals with a lobbyist out of the 800+ licensed individuals for performing wildlife control work. If everyone decided to focus on themselves, it would have been passed and any private company in Ohio that performed work to exclude, catch, or repair wildlife damage to a structure would of have to pass a test, license their business for $100 plus test and license those that did the work for $15 each, plus purchase a hunting license, trapping license, fishing license, AND still follow the nuisance regulations we currently have. Why? Because this group of individuals decided wildlife control wasn't being done in a professional manner and this would be the stepping stone to making it professional.

Instead, the Ohio Wildlife Control Operators held a meeting and invited all licensed individuals for the state to participate and give their input. This input was then used to restructure the bill so that now the fee is only $40, no fee is required for individuals performing the work but they still must pass a test, no hunting/trapping/fishing license is required, and a new set of regulations will be created to govern this license when the Senate approves it. None of this means that I approve 100% of what the Senate is looking at, but again I feel much better knowing I at least had an opportunity to have my say.

Sadly, that is an opportunity that not all operators have been given.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Kermit] #3280874
08/19/12 10:32 AM
08/19/12 10:32 AM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Originally Posted By: Kermit
Then you haven't bought much in the way of flowers ,chocolate or wine.So yes LT you can make a first impression a second time.

Son, if I had back the money I spent trying to get women to forgive me or except me, I would NEVER have to work again !

Pesky, better dmed than forgotten !

Regardless of what is said, you are the talk of the hour and a household name...people know about Pesky.

No such thing as Bad Press !

I get PM's and phone calls daily asking me questions...

"Did you see what Pesky..., Oh, Pesky..., Oh no he didn't..."

Top ADC forum topic....not many can claim that spot days running.

Pesky, maybe they will put you on that show "Celebrity Make Over"...

But then, you won't be happy...you are who you are...and you're happy with that, so that's what matters most, to you anyway.

Don't hate Pesky, because he's beautiful... grin

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3281123
08/19/12 02:28 PM
08/19/12 02:28 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
LT, that's one thing I can honestly say, there has never been any hate or venom in anything I've ever said to Pesky and I think he knows it.

Eric really summed up the situation extremely well in his post. ( That's probably why I work for him instead of vise versa )

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3281549
08/19/12 07:38 PM
08/19/12 07:38 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
820 views......do your turtleman cry Pesky, do your turtleman cry... laugh

aileeleeleeeleeeleeleeeeleeee.... grin

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: LT GREY] #3281739
08/19/12 09:13 PM
08/19/12 09:13 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
Originally Posted By: LT GREY
820 views......do your turtleman cry Pesky, do your turtleman cry... laugh

aileeleeleeeleeeleeleeeeleeee.... grin

LMAO

Advanced Wildlife Managememnt
www.daytonwildlifepro.com
Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3282225
08/20/12 07:25 AM
08/20/12 07:25 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline
trapper
330-Trapper  Offline
trapper

Minnesota

Everytime You Point Your Finger At Someone, There Are Three Pointing Back At You

There's Two sides to EVERY COIN... but this whole Threadline Exemplifies why so many of Us longtimers on Tman have chosen to quit posting.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3282263
08/20/12 08:24 AM
08/20/12 08:24 AM
massachusetts
S
swampdonkey Offline
trapper
swampdonkey  Offline
trapper
S

massachusetts
X2 Scott !

Joe Robidoux
Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: swampdonkey] #3282485
08/20/12 12:02 PM
08/20/12 12:02 PM
Ames, IA
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper
MikeTraps2  Offline
trapper

Ames, IA
Pesky think of PT Barnum - "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they spell my name right!"

mikeD

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: 330-Trapper] #3282507
08/20/12 12:27 PM
08/20/12 12:27 PM
Waterford, WI
N
Nathan Krause Offline
trapper
Nathan Krause  Offline
trapper
N

Waterford, WI
Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

... but this whole Threadline Exemplifies why so many of Us longtimers on Tman have chosen to quit posting.

Well said Scott, well said.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: MikeTraps2] #3282537
08/20/12 12:55 PM
08/20/12 12:55 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Originally Posted By: MikeTraps2
Pesky think of PT Barnum - "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they spell my name right!"

mikeD

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3282820
08/20/12 05:00 PM
08/20/12 05:00 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Since I started this thread, I am the one who should take all the blame! I've had threads deleted (some rightfully so and others, well, maybe not so much) The important things is that Pesky, sqs, LT, Rick, Dave, trapper4hire, Eric, Minnesota Scott and on and on, can express their opinions and at least for the most part, everyone can decide how they feel.

Now I know that they're are many of you who have become lurkers because you say one wrong word on here and everybody seems to jump down your throat. ( Okay, I admit it, I may have been the jumper but on many occasions, I have also been the target ) I am probably bothered by criticism more than the average guy. I usually go to sleep thinking about it. Is this a good thing? Probably so. You may learn to get your point across without stepping on so many feet. ( Well, maybe you have have, but I haven't)

All I have to say is that if Pesky can take everything that has been thrown at him and is still able to say what he has to say, shouldn't we all? I will never quit criticizing Pesky for anything unprofessional, nor will I stop complimenting him on the many things I admire about him. ( And this is only because all of you will do the same to me. Just spell my name right! )

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3283265
08/20/12 09:24 PM
08/20/12 09:24 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Quote:
I will never quit criticizing Pesky for anything unprofessional, nor will I stop complimenting him on the many things I admire about him.

Learning is a struggle for many (including myself). Observing the culture of Americans it can be observed that it is the struggle that makes us great.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3283298
08/20/12 09:36 PM
08/20/12 09:36 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
This was the perfect thread Pesky and everyone got to learn how to be more professional and the professionals learned to be more empathetic and professional in their counseling. win win

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3283415
08/20/12 10:31 PM
08/20/12 10:31 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Excellent posts, Eric and Mofarmboy. It can be argued that, while grotesque to some, a dead deer hanging off a bumper or whatever is already dead and unable to experience pain and stress.
Those folks in WC who don't care about their image with the country club set will have to subsist on the crumbs from those who do care.

Last edited by Dave Schmidt; 08/20/12 10:32 PM.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Pesky & Son Started This [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3283464
08/20/12 10:52 PM
08/20/12 10:52 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
And kudos to you as well, Wink. I know you as one of the lions of our industry - always willing to learn, always willing to teach.
The part I don't get (still) is how you can carry a skunk (or a boar coon or g-hog, for that matter) around in your van without spending half the day gagging, 'cuz around here - animals stink!
But it is mighty nice of you to share your A/C with 'em. A coupla times this summer I would've gone into one of your traps in order to ride in air conditioning!
As for Pesky: he's obviously a PeTA or ALF employee planted as a WCO who was told "Put some video online that portrays WCO's as idiot rednecks." Did you think he makes a living doing things like this?

Last edited by Dave Schmidt; 08/20/12 10:54 PM.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread