No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3222731 - 07/11/12 08:57 PM Bridger #3 Dogless
Tim Caven Offline
"Captain Cutoff"

Loc: Western Minnesota
The tooling for the Bridger #3 dogless trap has been done and ready to go for several months at the factory in Taiwan. Everytime they are ready to start punching parts and building this trap we have had to move other traps up in front of them as we would start to run low on existing models. I believe there have been at least 12 times that the new #3 dogless has gotten bumped from the top of the list. Dealers that have spent money advertising the other (existing) Bridger traps would hang me from the nearest tree if we ran out of current models to bring out a new one and rightly so.

My son Rob made a management decision last week to have a second set of tooling made here to produce the Bridger #3 Dogless right here in the U.S.A. This will take awhile to accomplish so he is having parts laser cut to get a jump on things while the hard tooling is being made. Please be patient while we get things up and running. Rob feels that he will have limited numbers of these ready to go in mid September. I don't know the cost yet, we will figure that out as we go. If we can build them at an acceptable price we will continue building the Dogless #3 here. Other options are to produce them here and abroad and let our customers choose. Time will tell. P.S...We are hiring! Thank you. Tim

#3222733 - 07/11/12 08:59 PM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
Kevin Colpetzer Offline
trapper

Loc: centrel PA
Thanks for the update.

Edited by Kevin Colpetzer (07/11/12 09:10 PM)

#3222792 - 07/11/12 09:38 PM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
dodgetrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Blackstone Va.
I just graduated with a double major in Wildlife Science and Environmental Resources Management,doing any hiring in that field??

#3222800 - 07/11/12 09:45 PM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
Fairchild #17 Offline
trapper

Loc: Millville, Pennsylvania
That would be interesting Tim, make people put their money where their mouth is.
Pay x amount for a Taiwan product, or pay x+ for an American made model.

You may be on to something here!

#3222851 - 07/11/12 10:25 PM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
FOXCATCHER Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Indiana
I would seriously give up being a cop to work for MTP. Although I have not one drop of experience you would be looking for.

Don

#3222874 - 07/11/12 10:36 PM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
Joe Burg Offline
trapper

Loc: ne ks
Originally Posted By: Tim Caven
The tooling for the Bridger #3 dogless trap has been done and ready to go for several months at the factory in Taiwan. Everytime they are ready to start punching parts and building this trap we have had to move other traps up in front of them as we would start to run low on existing models. I believe there have been at least 12 times that the new #3 dogless has gotten bumped from the top of the list. Dealers that have spent money advertising the other (existing) Bridger traps would hang me from the nearest tree if we ran out of current models to bring out a new one and rightly so.

My son Rob made a management decision last week to have a second set of tooling made here to produce the Bridger #3 Dogless right here in the U.S.A. This will take awhile to accomplish so he is having parts laser cut to get a jump on things while the hard tooling is being made. Please be patient while we get things up and running. Rob feels that he will have limited numbers of these ready to go in mid September. I don't know the cost yet, we will figure that out as we go. If we can build them at an acceptable price we will continue building the Dogless #3 here. Other options are to produce them here and abroad and let our customers choose. Time will tell. P.S...We are hiring! Thank you. Tim
thank you for the info, i for one am glad to hear it.

#3222875 - 07/11/12 10:36 PM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
bluegrassman Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
any pics to be added? grin

#3222920 - 07/11/12 11:15 PM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
Dead Coyote Offline
trapper

Loc: Slaughter Slough, MN
I guess I could always have a night job too!

#3222950 - 07/11/12 11:33 PM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Dead Coyote]
Tim Caven Offline
"Captain Cutoff"

Loc: Western Minnesota
Dead Coyote we just finished up an entire hiring process and hired NO one. Not one person that we trusted to do the work correctly and represent our company properly. Actually there was a couple folks with good potential but they were making too much on umemployment to take a job. Sad deal. Based on all that, we might even find a night job for a person like you!

Dodgetrapper, I think you are a bit over qualified to build traps! Foxcatcher, thank you for your work protecting and serving. Tim

#3222991 - 07/12/12 12:10 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
WST Offline
trapper

Loc: Eastern Oregon
Thanks for the info. I make my living in metal products manufacturing so I find your post very interesting. FYI, next time I need to buy traps I would buy some of these just because they are made here.

#3223039 - 07/12/12 01:22 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
caveman66
Unregistered

gee tim i was just looking at a bridger 35 thinking of how i could make it dogless , interested to see the final product mate

#3223060 - 07/12/12 03:50 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
JDTRAPPER Offline
trapper

Loc: NW Pa Backwoods USA
Tim, It would be great to buy a dogless made here in the states. I'd pay the extra for that. To bad you are so far away, I'm a retired Marine looking for something new to do with my time. I'm a night watchmen right now, but would love to work in the industry. Makeing an Amrerican product for my fellow Trappers. One can take a lot of pride in that, wish I lived closer I'd be on my way for an interview. Can't wait to try out the new traps when you get them rolling. JD

#3223097 - 07/12/12 06:08 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
austinp Offline
trapper

Loc: Naples, NY
I often say that in my opinion, Bridger traps have no equal in their price range category when it comes to features. The trap frame itself along with chain setup on footholds along with other aspects such as the new bodygrip traps are unmatched in their class.

The one Bridger trap I wish was made would be a round-jaw #2 coil, dog or dogless but current chain setup chain center-swiveled from the exact middle of its base. That would be the ultimate fox-coyote trap combo in its league. Not to disparage the present model one bit, but round jaws and center swiveled would be great. I do realize you have way more projects pending than time to complete them, so consider this a back-burner thought for the future smile

#3223117 - 07/12/12 06:59 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
red webb Offline
trapper

Loc: Carroll County Va
Tim will you have 1 dogless we could look at during the national in August ?

#3223121 - 07/12/12 07:02 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
Buzzard Offline
Tman Awards Chairman

Loc: Hells 10 1/2 acre, N Carolina
Pellethead,

I was a machinest for 10 years ...:)

#3223135 - 07/12/12 07:23 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
birdman640 Offline
trapper

Loc: Utah
Hi All,
I think we should thank Terry Mongomery for the Bridger Traps. I think he was the first one to have them built. I know he made alot of design changes over the years and ended up with a very good trap for a decent price. They were made at the factory in Taiwan and he made several trips over there to over see the manufacturing. Anyway just a thought.....

Edited by birdman640 (07/12/12 07:45 AM)

#3223212 - 07/12/12 08:53 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
Ringbill5196 Offline
trapper

Loc: Iron Range, Minnesota
I truly appreciate your efforts to manufacture in the USA. I thik we all know the market will not always bear the price, but that has not stopped you from trying.

#3223354 - 07/12/12 10:56 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
CLT Offline
trapper

Loc: st. lawrence county ny
Can't wait to see them.I love my Bridgers and the coyotes hate them...LOL

#3223371 - 07/12/12 11:07 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: Tim Caven]
big bawler Offline
trapper

Loc: N.E OHIO
cant wait to get some of these set..also waiting on sept to come around for my new 1.5 specials

now all i need is a 1.65 dogless

Edited by big bawler (07/12/12 11:08 AM)

#3223380 - 07/12/12 11:13 AM Re: Bridger #3 Dogless [Re: big bawler]
CLT Offline
trapper

Loc: st. lawrence county ny
Originally Posted By: big bawler
cant wait to get some of these set..also waiting on sept to come around for my new 1.5 specials

now all i need is a 1.65 dogless

Poor guys ain't gonna get no rest,especially considering there are a bunch of us that want them to turn out a 550 clone with an inside jaw spread of 5.75 inches,they can call it the MB 575. whistle

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >