Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

BlueRidgeOutdoorSupplies
(Please support Blue Ridge Outdoor Supplies, our sponsor for the Wilderness Forum)

Alaska Trappers Association

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3232416 - 07/18/12 10:07 PM Re: ARGO [Re: p barrett]
Dale Torma Online   content
trapper

Loc: Northern MN
Well I still like mine, but I may be wierd.

#3236567 - 07/21/12 07:50 PM Re: ARGO [Re: p barrett]
p barrett Offline
trapper

Loc: fla
The "Escargo tracks" seem right bad --s but again I dont know and would like to hear from folks that have used them

#3237085 - 07/22/12 08:14 AM Re: ARGO [Re: p barrett]
Dale Torma Online   content
trapper

Loc: Northern MN
I have The super tracks on my 2005 Argo Avenger, I believe they are mostly meant for snow. They are great in the snow, but use up alot of the horsepower. Tough to steer unless on snow. I have used them in otherwise impassable cattails and swamp and they work well. Tracks will not propel you in the water, you must cross deep creeks with momentum and driving your machine like it's stolen. Regular tracks may be better for general use.

If you are planning on being in deep water alot an electric trolling motor or gas outboard is necessary. Our local search and rescue uses an Argo and they find it crucial for some situations. Only thing better is a marsh master, but they are 100,000 dollars or more unless used.

I just read up on the escargo tracks, now I wish I had them, they look great and are for rough terrain and water.

Edited by Dale T (07/22/12 08:51 AM)
Edit Reason: More new( to me) info

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2