Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

BlueRidgeOutdoorSupplies
(Please support Blue Ridge Outdoor Supplies, our sponsor for the Wilderness Forum)

Alaska Trappers Association

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3187743 - 06/15/12 04:27 PM National Geographic - Untamed America's
Bushman Offline
trapper

Loc: Alberta
Anyone watch the preimier of this series on Sunday? I understand they aired the Mountain series. My partner and I (compass media inc.) filmed the wolf caribou chase sequence that they used. It hasen't aired in Canada yet so I'm wondering how it looked.

#3187755 - 06/15/12 04:36 PM Re: National Geographic - Untamed America's [Re: Bushman]
iron man Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
I've seen the mountain, desert, coast and forest. National geographic always has great footage. I've recorded all 4 episodes so i can view again. Top notch series. I believe you are talking about the part where the loan wolf follows and hunts the same heard for miles and hours on end ?

#3188067 - 06/15/12 09:19 PM Re: National Geographic - Untamed America's [Re: Bushman]
Bushman Offline
trapper

You bet. We had a chopper in the air and a cine-flex camera. Have way more footage than what was shown plus a few other wolf hunts. We have another series on deck in canada that will show the rest.

#3188166 - 06/15/12 10:25 PM Re: National Geographic - Untamed America's [Re: Bushman]
Jordan Park Offline
trapper

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Hey Bushman, when you're filming these wolves hunt their prey, do they know you're there watching them?

#3188219 - 06/15/12 10:51 PM Re: National Geographic - Untamed America's [Re: Bushman]
Bushman Offline
trapper

The chopper can film a wide shot that would show a wolf full screen from 1 km or 3/4 mile away with a cine-flex. Once the wolf committs to the chase you can fly closer and at 500 yds you can film close enough to get teeth

#3188369 - 06/16/12 06:13 AM Re: National Geographic - Untamed America's [Re: Bushman]
iron man Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
I had no idea how footage like that was taken. You could not see it that well if you were right there. I hope there's a chance to see the rest of the material you guy produced.

#3189097 - 06/16/12 09:04 PM Re: National Geographic - Untamed America's [Re: Bushman]
Bushman Offline
trapper

We're in the middle of filming a four part series that covers wolves-bison-caribou-wolverines-among other species. We believe it will be broadcast but we'll also be posting the seires on line. It takes a lot of hours in the field to get a few minutes of great footage.