Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

Alaska Trappers Association

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3199229 - 06/24/12 09:07 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
Family Trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Homer, Alaska
Okay just how many times can one use the word dangerous and disaster in one show. End of the world around every corner. Everyone on earth are going to be paranoid of wolves every time they step in the woods.

#3199321 - 06/24/12 10:18 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: Family Trapper]
Cougartail
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Family Trapper
Everyone on earth are going to be paranoid of wolves every time they step in the woods.

I'm not seeing the downside of this? lol

#3202766 - 06/27/12 03:08 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: AK Fur Man]
teacherman Offline
trapper

Loc: Wasilla, AK
Originally Posted By: AK Fur Man
TM,
I am sure if you new Marty, you would have qualified that last statement of yours. frown

Didn't mean anything bad toward the trapper. I just was referring to most trappers not wanting the public eye focussing in on them personally.

#3203067 - 06/27/12 06:58 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
WBG Offline
trapper

Loc: ME.
Sure hope Marty is being well paid for being part of that farce.

#3203192 - 06/27/12 08:25 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
Family Trapper Offline
trapper

#3207276 - 06/30/12 07:01 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
manyplews Offline
trapper

Loc: SW Pa.
I saw teeth on some of those old Newhouse DLS traps.
Are you fellows allowed to use traps with teeth?

#3207298 - 06/30/12 07:19 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
Yes we are

#3207563 - 06/30/12 10:52 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
yukon254 Offline
trapper

Loc: Yukon
I havent seen the show yet and it doesnt sound like I am missing much, but wanted to put in my two cents! Normally it doesnt snow in severe cold.... however the last two years for whatever reason it has.... many times and heavy snow too. On a fresh sno-go trail you will need snowshoes, but the next day it will have set-up enough that you wont. Just saying.....

#3207627 - 07/01/12 12:29 AM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
Family Trapper Offline
trapper

New episode.
http://www.history.com/shows/mountain-me...urviving-winter

They sure make Marty out to be struggeling catching fur. Nothing in traps. Then a glancing shot of him carrying two frozen lynx into to load in his plane.

#3207630 - 07/01/12 12:33 AM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
Family Trapper Offline
trapper

Okay the wash tub with Marty in it is quite entertaining.

#3207659 - 07/01/12 02:51 AM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
AKscott Offline
trapper

Loc: north pole, AK
the tub is funny, In my opinion they are beating around the bush on foot hold's but I can understand why. I also have not seen a snare yet.

#3207662 - 07/01/12 03:01 AM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
Family Trapper Offline
trapper

I am assuming the cats were snared as they were frozen in an odd shape.

#3209601 - 07/02/12 04:00 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
oklahoma Offline
trapper

Loc: oklahoma
hey teacher man i am kind of secretrative if that is a word lol, when i check my traps i dont like any one to see me go in and see where im at, but now that im on my own property i dont worry as much, but i dont want any one stealing my traps or what i catch,

#3209718 - 07/02/12 05:31 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
Family Trapper Offline
trapper

Wont be anyone spying in on Marty.

#3210829 - 07/03/12 12:26 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: Paul Dobbins]
Vance in AK Offline
trapper

Loc: Kenai, Alaska
Originally Posted By: Paul Dobbins
When the thermometer showed this, the only thing in the air was ice fog when going down the highway...

Paul, that (88-89) was my 1st winter in Alaska! Even here in Kenai it stayed in the WAY cold zone for weeks.

#3215266 - 07/06/12 04:34 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
yukonjeff Offline
trapper

Loc: M.T.V. Alaska
Well here is the episode where Marty is shipping his Fur at Joe Mattie's Alaska Raw Fur Co. in Fairbanks..Joe even gets a plug in for Furharvesters Auction house..lol..it looks like Marty did OK and caught a bundle of cats and marten.

http://www.history.com/shows/mountain-me...ow-me-the-money

#3225721 - 07/14/12 01:26 AM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
yukonjeff Offline
trapper

Another episode packed full of danger.

And special thanks to Animals AT Montana Inc. for making all the animal footage possible for the show.
http://www.history.com/shows/mountain-me...the-final-stand

#3226931 - 07/15/12 01:09 AM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
Family Trapper Offline
trapper

Okay. Hollywood took some liberty here.

Meanwhile 4300 miles to the NorthWest of where the spring turkey hunting trespasser just escaped with his life from Eustase, Marty has had a bad year trapping and needs to help make ends meet by getting his family out hunting caribou. The needed food for his the family is critical. As well as the extra money that will be brought in from the sale of the caribou skins. 2500 miles to the south east Tom Or is searching for spring deer horn sheds that will be searched for with his new breed of horn hunting german short hair.
BUT- Marty is fall hunting caribou not spring. Just seem like they worked the hunt in all out of place yet did not acknowledge it. They go back and forth between the three like it is a similar time of year.

#3235728 - 07/20/12 11:46 PM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: yukonjeff]
yukonjeff Offline
trapper

#3236083 - 07/21/12 10:47 AM Re: Alaska Trapping Show [Re: Family Trapper]
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
Originally Posted By: Family Trapper
Okay. Hollywood took some liberty here.

Meanwhile 4300 miles to the NorthWest of where the spring turkey hunting trespasser just escaped with his life from Eustase, Marty has had a bad year trapping and needs to help make ends meet by getting his family out hunting caribou. The needed food for his the family is critical. As well as the extra money that will be brought in from the sale of the caribou skins. 2500 miles to the south east Tom Or is searching for spring deer horn sheds that will be searched for with his new breed of horn hunting german short hair.
BUT- Marty is fall hunting caribou not spring. Just seem like they worked the hunt in all out of place yet did not acknowledge it. They go back and forth between the three like it is a similar time of year.

Time of year notwithstanding, I think you forgot the part about Marty being surrounded by a pack of rabid wolverines.....!

Which of course supports my hypothesis that trapping here in Alaska is pretty much "just like Iowa!"

Pete

Edited by Pete in Frbks (07/21/12 10:48 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >