Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

Trading Post
(Please support Fur Country Lures, our sponsor for the Wilderness Forum)

Alaska Trappers Association

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3166789 - 05/20/12 11:30 PM Sick of thieves
Bushman Offline
trapper

Loc: Alberta
Kind of sucks that the world just seems to have it's share of thieves. A couple bone-heads left a trail of beer cans down to my cabins, cut a lock and chain, crossed the river in my cable car, loaded a generator on a quad, and tried to cross. I arrived today to find this, and a car parked up on the road that's apparently been there a few days. Hope someone didn't drown for an old quad and generator. Cops are looking into it.

#3166794 - 05/20/12 11:34 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Kusko Offline
"Mr. Mayor"

Loc: Bethel, AK
Idiots!

www.alaskafinandfur.com

#3166801 - 05/20/12 11:43 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Family Trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Homer, Alaska
Sorry to hear about such events. It really grates me when things like this happens to anyone. Shouldn't take long for the police to get to the bottom of who it was. Can't imagine trying to drive across something like that or did it appear that they tried to tram it across and it got away from them?

#3166830 - 05/21/12 12:36 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Alaskan Offline
"AMY SUE"

Loc: Gnome, Alaska
ugh!!!!!! Man, I'd be Pissssssed!! I hope it works out for you! Might be a double martini night!

Life member: NRA, NTA, AkTA, AkFTA, WiTA, MnTA, MoTA, OrTA

#3166836 - 05/21/12 12:52 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Matthew cole Offline
trapper

Loc: Alabama
It's all a lack of respect for what others have worked hard for. I can't stand a thief!!!!

#3166843 - 05/21/12 01:38 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
drasselt Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: Bushman
Hope someone didn't drown for an old quad and generator.

no but I bet you hope he got washed 7 miles downstream, lost 2 pints of blood to mosquitoes, got treed by a bear, lost his shoes and pants and has to walk out barefoot and swallowed enough beaver water to keep him short of toilet paper for 2 weeks!

#3167026 - 05/21/12 08:26 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
X2 !!

BAd deal. Hope you get them. Must be finger prints all over the car and the beer cans

#3167063 - 05/21/12 09:05 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Cougartail
Unregistered

I feel your pain. Got hit in December before Christmas, Merry Christmas to me. Destroyed the gate, kicked in the doors, and pulled open the cargo container doors with a truck...destroying them. Most everything of value gone.

Hey, but the toothless dipsticks got "high" and now have free room and board for a few years...

#3167064 - 05/21/12 09:06 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Spek Jones Offline
"FATHER"

Loc: Homer, Alaska
If that is their car parked out on the road it doesn't sound good for them.
A few teenage boy's with a case of beer can do some really dumb shtuff. (I'd
imagine most of us on here have been there one time or another smile ). Hopefully,
for everybodies sake, they got of the river, and the mounties find them.

#3167127 - 05/21/12 10:19 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
As a matter of course, I try not to wish any fellow wilderness traveller ill.

But one time one of my sheep camps was completely cleaned out. They took everything from not only the cabin, but the cache. From gas, to sleeping bags, to food, to the silverware for the table.

I found myself hoping that at some point those same perpetrators (they had flown in) would bend their airplane a bit and end up in a survival situation somewhere in remote Alaska. They would walk up to a nearby cabin/camp............ only to find that someone like THEM had already been there and taken all the gear and food.

Pete

#3167357 - 05/21/12 02:40 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
mtbadger Offline
trapper

Loc: Montana
AMEN Pete ^^^^^

Sorry to hear it Bushy. Hopefully they will get whats coming to them....

Can the wheeler and generator be salvaged???

Always looking for Bridger #3OS and 1.65OS

#3168099 - 05/22/12 02:00 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
On a Call Offline
trapper

Loc: S/E Mich - N/W Ohio
How close did they get .... looks to me as if they were almost free ?

#3168624 - 05/22/12 02:04 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
SnareLine Offline
trapper

Loc: NY
All thieves should be hanged!!!

#3168829 - 05/22/12 05:02 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Bushman Offline
trapper

Loc: Alberta
So today I got a call from the cops. The car had disappeared from the parking area last night so I'm hoping it was just a coincidence and there's no need to drag the river for bodies. The quad is on my side of the river and didn't get 40 feet into the flow. Rookies travel in the mountains and think because water may only be knee deep so they can cross. It's the flow not the depth that will get you. Two years ago a couple guys were on the wrong side of the creek and wanted to get home. They linked arms and tried to cross. Fished their bodies out after the water went down. Nothing in my life is so important I can't wait for the creek to drop.

As for these fools they're in for a surprise as I had trail cams up. I don't want to hang them but a good thrashing might be nice. See if I know them before i turn over the pics. Several years ago I caught three guys trying to steal my quad. I had it on the other side of the river as water was too high to cross to my cabins. I stupidly left my keys in it as I canoed gear across. I heard a machine reving and came back to see them riding off on my quad. They had two of their own machines and when they saw me they jumped off my quad and took off on theirs. Big mistake as they headed up river - dead end.

The two guys on one quad tried to jump a narrow section of creek and buried it in mud on the other side of a 20 yard channel. The other guy made a play to get by me but i was on foot and could jump over washed up logs and got in front of him. He stopped and started crying about how it was his buddies not him. I told him he needed better buddies and then picked up an eight foot pole and started smashing his quad up. He stood there crying as i took out his headlights, and some select body parts, When I was done i told him he better get rolling as when i was done with his buddies I was coming back.

Other two guys are on other side of channel were trying to dig quad out of soupy mud. I go over and one guy starts beaking from other side that they would come across and give me a beating. I told him to come across as I was sure I could brain him in the water with my pole before I tuned his buddy in. So he decided to just beak off instead. However he forgot he was on the muddy side while I was on a rock strewn shore. I started throwing rock missles at them while they crouched behind their quad. Managed to take out a headlight and do a bit of damege while they cursed me from behind the quad.

Finally i told them i'd had enough and it was time to get some heavier artillery. Jumped in my canoe, after taking key from quad, and hid in bushes on other side. Their buddy came flying back and threw them a winch cable and hauled them across. He was screaming to hurry up as i was crazy. They were catching air as they left and I enjoyed the show.

All this took place in 15 minutes and when I wandered back up to the cabins my wife said, where were you?

#3169035 - 05/22/12 07:27 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
If I ever have occasion to make you cranky, I'm gonna make sure I am on the rocky side, not the muddy side!

#3169199 - 05/22/12 08:56 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Pete in Frbks]
Zim Offline
trapper

Loc: Rock Springs, WI
lol Pete. Me too.

#3169216 - 05/22/12 09:07 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
foxx1
Unregistered

maybe they became a warm lunch for a grizz

#3169273 - 05/22/12 09:41 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
Boco Offline
trapper

Loc: james bay frontierOnt.
Mayby that upside down bike in the river is all thats left after bush got done with them lol.

#3169328 - 05/22/12 10:09 PM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
On a Call Offline
trapper

Loc: S/E Mich - N/W Ohio
Keep us posted.

#3169496 - 05/23/12 06:04 AM Re: Sick of thieves [Re: Bushman]
yodeldog101 Offline
trapper

Loc: Mt
Good one !! Glad you caught the dirtbags !! crazy laugh smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >