Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

Alaska Trappers Association

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3156218 - 05/11/12 10:24 PM Hey Ol Blister
Stewie Offline
trapper

Loc: N.E. S.D.

Recognize this spot? I was planting soybeans today and thought of you when I got to this spot. I've seen hundreds and maybe thousands of pheasants fall from the sky but very few as memorable as the one that died here last fall.

#3156236 - 05/11/12 10:36 PM Re: Hey Ol Blister [Re: Stewie]
Ol' Blister Offline

Loc: McGrath, Alaska
Oh maaaaaaaaan! I'll have to take your word for it though because I don't have any landmarks with which to navigate there ;o)

So no corn there this year, huh? I'll have to find a new place to meet up with my bird(s) this fall I guess.

It makes me happy to know that you remember that place ;o) Happy soybean planting. I wish I could ride in that cab and see how you start the season now that I've seen how you end it.

I'm working on getting this right shoulder back into shape for the big hunt. See you and your family in October, huh?

#3156255 - 05/11/12 10:49 PM Re: Hey Ol Blister [Re: Stewie]
white17 Online   content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
Stewie, you've created a monster.

#3156276 - 05/11/12 11:10 PM Re: Hey Ol Blister [Re: Stewie]
Stewie Offline
trapper

Loc: N.E. S.D.
Yep Barb that is the actual spot. Sorry for the poor picture. I tried to enlarge it but it got bad real fast. It's looking like a good year for the birds if they can pull off a good hatch. Hope you are both healing up and getting settled in to a more normal life again. I'm sure it's been a long few months for you both. Looking forward to seeing you again this fall.

#3156545 - 05/12/12 09:27 AM Re: Hey Ol Blister [Re: Stewie]
alaska viking Offline
trapper

Loc: juneau, alaska
No story on the magical bird? Must be a South Dakota thing: What happens in the corn stays in the corn!

#3156580 - 05/12/12 10:10 AM Re: Hey Ol Blister [Re: Stewie]
white17 Online   content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
Oh she has pictures all right ! There isn't enough bandwidth on the site to display them all. I think she's working on a book about it too.

#3156633 - 05/12/12 11:15 AM Re: Hey Ol Blister [Re: Stewie]
Ol' Blister Offline

Loc: McGrath, Alaska
AV, it is a short story. It took me days to finally get my pheasant. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief when I finally GOT one! ;o) [OK, it WAS a head shot and a dead drop! LOL]

Stewie maintains that was the day that White finally handed me a box of ammo that had shot in it!

Edited by Ol' Blister (05/13/12 02:32 PM)
Edit Reason: clean up

#3157620 - 05/13/12 11:37 AM Re: Hey Ol Blister [Re: Stewie]
alaska viking Offline
trapper

Loc: juneau, alaska
LOL!!! I wouldn't put it past him! smile