ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3146384 - 05/03/12 07:27 PM gopher trouble solved, maybe
jkcasey Offline
trapper

Loc: SE NewMexico
This may be old hat for alot of ya'll. Over the last 4 years I've been trapping a 250 acre place. It has both pecans and alfalfa, that is flood irrigated. I have taken somewhere around 450-500 gophers off the place since I started. Last year and this year, my misses have gone up drasticly. I tried covering the main tunnels with everything, rubber, cardboard, shingles, leaving it open, you name it. The last 75 have been the easiest I've trapped. What I started doing was digging to the main tunnel, placing 2 traps and covering the tunnel with the dirt I dug up finding the main run. My misses have gone from 40-50%, to less than 5%. I hope someone finds this useful. Catch ya later, Kiel

#3146613 - 05/03/12 09:21 PM Re: gopher trouble solved, maybe [Re: jkcasey]
330-Trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Minnesota
Take some pictures jkcasey

#3148881 - 05/05/12 05:04 PM Re: gopher trouble solved, maybe [Re: jkcasey]
jkcasey Offline
trapper

Loc: SE NewMexico
I'll try to remember to do that this coming up week.