ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #4894976
02/03/15 05:49 PM
02/03/15 05:49 PM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline
trapper
NV man  Offline
trapper
N

NV, USA
Just don't wear a skirt cause there is going to be lots of hot air blowing up your legs from WS.

I'd even duct tape my pant legs down... Make that Gorilla Tape.

"Our nation's health is dependent on local industry and commerce."
Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #4897580
02/05/15 07:49 AM
02/05/15 07:49 AM
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL
$4,600 per wolf. Yes of course the government is more effective and efficient than the private sector.
Tax payers $ going up in smoke.

http://m.spokesman.com/stories/2015/feb/03/new-idaho-board-has-spent-140k-kill-31-wolves/

I guess it's better than the $10000 per pig in NY.

Tim and Robb you were an inspiration. Thank you for your dedication to the industry.
Working everyday to reduce the size of the federal government.
Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #4897581
02/05/15 07:50 AM
02/05/15 07:50 AM
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL
Paul, He is the biggest advocate of destroying the private sector.. Hot air.

Last edited by wildlifeus; 02/05/15 07:51 AM.

Tim and Robb you were an inspiration. Thank you for your dedication to the industry.
Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #4905894
02/10/15 01:15 PM
02/10/15 01:15 PM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline
trapper
NV man  Offline
trapper
N

NV, USA
Here's an email making the rounds in modern media (see below).... They (making over $100,000 yr net profit)think many of us are excessively profiteering from the public's wildlife. I guess they don't understand the protection of private property or the benefits of company's paying taxes and licensing fees. What! and they think they WS are forcing "cities" to work with exceedingly high priced companies. What about other lower priced companies? What about the regulatory costs companies (Not WS) are required to abide by/pay for, like following the laws of the state, feds, and the cities' own regulations? What about quality of service??? With the mentality of current managers demonstrated below we are eventually going to end up with government plumbers and government farmers and government (insert any profession here)... I have not seen quality services provided by the feds to make this a comfortable scenario. Oh, and competing with private companies in urban areas such as "cities" is in violation of WS policy and their depression era regulations. I hope WS would make itself more affable to the private WCO industry; that they would operate under the same legalities all other WCO companies are required to. They would likely file bankruptcy in the first year.

Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011
To: Clay, William H (APHIS)
Subject: Competition and Federal Funding Issues

Bill,

Before we start down the road of deciding what activities to continue and what we
should stop due to funding, we need to separate the activities by funding source. The
goal is to cut Federal spending. In the Eastern Region, essentially all of the activities
you listed (except wildlife disease work) are 100% funded with cooperative
dollars. Eliminating these services will not save any Federal funds. Second, we do not
have any policy or MOU that says we will not compete with the private sector. This has
been done intentionally and with great forethought. As we have discussed in the past,
most Federal agencies compete with the private sector (Postal Service, Forest Service,
NRCS, Corp of Engineers, FWS, BLM, even DoD now that private contractors like
Blackwater will “fight for hire”). (name removed) charges are very high, so cities do not
want to work with him. Since wildlife is held in public trust, we should not force cities
and others to use companies that are excessively profiteering off of the publics’
wildlife. This has been our position for many years and should not change now.

If we are going to eliminate programs to save Federal funds, then we need to look at the
programs that are funded with Federal dollars like our western aerial hunting programs,
Cedar City facility, cost-shared predator control programs, wildlife disease programs,
emergency response programs and infrastructure like our Fort Collins and
Headquarters IT staffs, Fort Collins wildlife disease program staff, NEPA staff, etc.

I look forward to the discussion tomorrow.

Charlie

Charles S. Brown
Eastern Regional Director
USDA-APHIS-Wildlife Services
920 Main Campus Drive
Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27606

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #4906014
02/10/15 02:41 PM
02/10/15 02:41 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
A stanza from an old song comes to mind: "He's a clown, that Charlie Brown"

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #4956822
03/10/15 09:31 AM
03/10/15 09:31 AM
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL
USDA to Hold National Wildlife Services Advisory Committee Meeting
03/02/2015
USDA to Hold National Wildlife Services Advisory Committee Meeting
WASHINGTON, March 2, 2015--The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) will hold a meeting of the National Wildlife Services Advisory Committee (NWSAC) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., March 17-19, in Riverdale, Maryland.

The three-day meeting will discuss efforts to increase operational capacity through prioritizing research objectives of APHIS’ wildlife services (WS) program. Additionally, the committee will discuss pertinent national programs and how to increase their effectiveness, as well as ensuring WS remains an active participant in the goal of agricultural protection.

The meeting will be open to the public but, due to time constraints, the public cannot participate in discussions. Any interested group or individual can file a written statement with the committee before or after the meeting regarding any of the issues discussed. Written statements also can be filed at the meeting.

The NWSAC, which is comprised of stakeholders from diverse interests including agriculture and animal welfare, advises the secretary of agriculture on WS program activities, research and policies. WS is responsible for managing wildlife damage conflicts, preventing wildlife damage to agriculture and natural resources and protecting communities from wildlife threats. The committee also serves as a public forum, enabling those interested in the WS program to have a voice in the program’s policies.

The meeting will take place in the Oklahoma City Memorial Conference Center at the headquarters of the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, 4700 River Road, Riverdale, Maryland. This site is approximately one-half mile from the College Park Metro Station. Public parking is also available. Visitors must show a current government-issued identification card at check-in at the Security Deck. No cameras are allowed.

For more information or to file comments, contact Joanne Garrett, director, operational support staff, USDA, APHIS, WS, 4700 River Road, Unit 87, Riverdale, Md. 20737-1234 or call (301) 851-4009. Submitted written statements should refer to Docket No. APHIS-2015-0022.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5020110
04/21/15 01:56 PM
04/21/15 01:56 PM
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5020272
04/21/15 03:43 PM
04/21/15 03:43 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
You should probably go on the NWCOA site to ask that question. I don't think there are a too many of the NWCOAN leaders on here.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5020389
04/21/15 04:53 PM
04/21/15 04:53 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Pretty sure it was more about having everyone here see it versus asking nwcoa for help, other than to "publicly" ask. Cody should surely know nwcoa's contact info.

Politics....

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5021009
04/21/15 10:24 PM
04/21/15 10:24 PM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline
trapper
NV man  Offline
trapper
N

NV, USA
Well, I've seen it and it's a legitimate question, in a legitimate forum. And the answer, if any, that NWCOA members may give would be that he could become a member (a.k.a. pay money), go to the meetings (a.k.a. pay more money and time), and try to ask the board to table it for discussion ( a maybe).

All that work for a maybe? I'm sure that those of us who manage for profit business would see this answer as not a good investment of time or money.

Perhaps a more public stance on issues like the above would be appropriate for NWCOA. Or not. After all, it's their political group.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5021514
04/22/15 10:09 AM
04/22/15 10:09 AM
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL
Thanks NV.

HD yes I happen to know their contact info but thanks for the advice.......

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5021563
04/22/15 10:46 AM
04/22/15 10:46 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
NV Man,

I think you might miss the point. If I wanted an association that I don't belong to to respond to a request I have for help, I'd likely wrote them, call them or email them directly.

You erroneously assume that NWCOA isn't willing to look into important issues facing the industry, rather seem to find it a good time to make your statement that you don't feel a need to belong or pay to belong to an organization like this one.

That is certainly your business but what is logical is that if you want an association to respond you should go straight to them.

If I belong to the state trappers association or the cattle growers association I don't go online and look or a random forum to post on, I go to them directly and ask for help.

Cody and everyone else in this industry knows how to find them and ask them a question so they can respond.

It's not about money, this is about politics and showboating not about asking them truly for help or it wouldn't be posted here.

You decided to change the thread to discuss membership from your perspective when membership was never brought up.

Odd?

Why not ask Cody why he didn't call or email NWCOA and them post the response he got from them here for all to see?

Being for profit business people doesn't mean anything related to this question. This is a question that is valid but simply put isn't being provided to the organization in a simple manner where it can be answered to the poster.

Again politics, nothing more.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5022685
04/23/15 01:09 AM
04/23/15 01:09 AM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline
trapper
NV man  Offline
trapper
N

NV, USA
HD,

The point? I was just responding to your post about it being political. I understand you would do it differently.

The scenario I gave was very similar to an actual conversation I had with someone from NWCOA. But because I don't wish to betray confidences I won't post that on this forum, or any other for that matter.

You are wrong to assume, that I assume NWCOA isn't willing to "look into important issues facing the industry". I have little idea what they are willing to look into... Because of this, you are currently correct, I "don't feel a need to belong or pay to belong to an organization like this one."

Careful with logic it might hurt. I don't belong to NWCOA. I operate a WCO business, and pay taxes in NV.

I encourage NWCOA to be more public in "looking into important issues facing the industry". How would you go about doing that? Your money, more of your money and time, and then maybe they will table it for a discussion for you??? Being more public may help garner support for the issues NWCOA is concerned with. For instance if NWCOA showed they were concerned with the funding for WS and the lack of support for private WCO's, I assume the question would probably not have been brought up on this forum.

Again you're wrong, I did not change the thread. I was looking at it from a cost/benefit viewpoint, guided by experience, I am certainly interested if NWCOA would take a public stance and help private industry.

Your may be right, NWCOA may have a bit of difficulty responding to the question in this forum? But then again maybe not, I'm not sure how NWCOA operates.

I didn't ask Cody, because from my experience there was no need for me to. Why don't you? wait you seem to already know, never mind.

Finally, I agree with you to some extent on politics, but mostly I disagree! I would expand to, it's politics because politicians are trying to fund a federal agency with state and local taxes. The same politics that hinder private WCO's, and unevenly supports a federal agency that openly competes with private industry. This has everything to do with for profit business people, especially those in the WCO industry. Additionally, I did not realize this forum (trapperman) had political standing so I'm not sure how anything said on this forum would be construed as politics. Debate, informative, social yes; politics not so much.

Here in NV when politics give WS money you can bet I will be there to help stop such fraudulent activity. I've already been successful. Would you like that story? A story of legal violations and funding for WS that was stopped, cold turkey. I wouldn't mind posting it on this forum because after all it is all public information. Additionally, it might show others who are concerned with important issues facing the industry how to stop funding to WS.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5594233
07/29/16 01:43 PM
07/29/16 01:43 PM
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL
Help stop usda from taking work from NWCOs.
By responding to this sources sought notice you can.
Remember try to keep your prices low as your going against USDA WS.

http://www.fbodaily.com/archive/2016/07-July/29-Jul-2016/FBO-04199113.htm

I dosnt matter what state your from this is just a market research request.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5715150
11/29/16 02:17 PM
11/29/16 02:17 PM
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5718528
12/02/16 08:38 AM
12/02/16 08:38 AM
TX
K
KSlongliner Offline
trapper
KSlongliner  Offline
trapper
K

TX
I can understand the hostility between private and gov parties becuase of certain things that have happened. That being said..... Some of us are working to strengthen trapping as a whole through state associations even though we may work for the govt. some of us don't forget we're we came from.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5720027
12/03/16 07:06 PM
12/03/16 07:06 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I read the North Platte link where the city administrator stated, "The program works in a humane matter, simple capturing the pigeons, and releasing them in a different location."
I doubt that the administrator knows what he is talking about, as I find it hard to believe that the USDA would release an invasive species, especially considering that pigeons have an innate ability to travel extreme distances to return home.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5725834
12/08/16 06:58 AM
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL
I didn't catch that. That is funny. Or maybe job security??

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: KSlongliner] #5725835
AL
wildlifeus Offline
trapper
wildlifeus  Offline
trapper

AL
Very true.

Re: USDA Wildlife Services ITN [Re: Wildlife2] #5727907
12/09/16 09:57 PM
12/09/16 09:57 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
City administrators are not known for being well versed in matters involving wildlife, and are motivated by PR when making statements to the public. I am guessing that this particular administrator is confused and isn't very good at his job. Bless his heart.

Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread