ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
what do you think #3129010
04/20/12 01:56 PM
04/20/12 01:56 PM
NY
S
sthet Offline OP
trapper
sthet  Offline OP
trapper
S

NY
I got a call Sunday evening from a guy that had skunks grubbing his yard. Wife is scared because she has seen them up close. I swing by and there is a lot of grubbing and a lot of scat. Close to a quarter acre was covered with sign. He has an old cow barn converted for storage. Searched through the barn, which was real clean, and found no sign of a skunk living there. I set the two traps I had in the truck and told the guy I'd be back in the morning to check them and set a few more. First check both traps made a catch, one skunk one possum. Replaced those traps and set two more. Since then the next four checks have remained just as I set them. The grubbing has stopped and I see no new sign. Do you think all the sign was just from one skunk? Maybe they moved on? Maybe they found a different food source? How much longer would you leave the sets in?

Re: what do you think [Re: sthet] #3129027
04/20/12 02:07 PM
04/20/12 02:07 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
If the damage has stoped the job is done . That's why it's called damage control , if the yard is rolled up then it's coons , but if your seeing cones so it was a skunk , lucky you caught him in a baited set this time of the year ,all are skunks have vanished here , haven't even smelled one since last year , frown

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: what do you think [Re: sthet] #3129208
04/20/12 05:02 PM
04/20/12 05:02 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
As I understand it, Skunks like to move around and rarely spend more than 1 night in a den, unless raising a litter.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread