Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3122929 - 04/16/12 02:42 AM Our generation
lbtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: alaska
I don't know about you guys but it really makes me pucker to see our up coming generation. Almost scary.

We are lazy to sum it all up. It sickening how our generation is so intwined with music, drugs, clothing etc .. and how it can run our lives. I would venture to say 98% of our teens don't know a thing about politics or things happening in the world that can change our lives.

Now this is just a rant coming from a 16 year old Alaskan but its true. A lot of you guys are an exception, but for the majority of the US its not so great. Our economy is in the gutter as we speak and if it's up to our generation to fix it.... Well then. Hopefully some of Us grow up. This is not directed at anyone or you guys/gals, but our nation as a whole.

Any thoughts? I never see any real serious posts on this forum and would like to see you young adults responses to it.

LB

#3123088 - 04/16/12 08:42 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Kris Myers Offline
trapper

Loc: Point Pleasant, WV
your only wrong about one thing... it is not up to your generation to fix it....it ups to the whole dang country to open their eyes and fix it. but i will agree that your generation as a whole is lazy beyond all belief. so much so that my kids no longer have ipods because that wouldn't saty off them no matter what

#3123106 - 04/16/12 09:02 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Rattlesnake kid Offline
trapper

Loc: Sweeney Creek, MT
It is!!! It's kinda scary to think how the worlds gonna be when I'm an adult,(it's bad enough as is)!

Edited by Rattlesnake kid (04/16/12 09:02 AM)

#3123198 - 04/16/12 10:41 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
NorthernOutdoors Offline
trapper

Loc: Aitkin/Stacy/Ramsey MN. 17 y/o
I give political rants, rants on world news, and rants on fuel prices to people who don't know the difference between a Republican and a Democrat. I was raised having to work for something. My parents don't buy me Jack Squat except for food and clothes. For Pete's sake I know people who didn't know who Osama Bin Laden was. That made me sick. It makes me sick when people whine about not getting the right clothes to wear.
Drop your AWP for a friend?
*Tips fedora*

#3124181 - 04/16/12 08:38 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
sdtrapper10 Offline
trapper

Loc: sd
its funny how little people know about the 50 states i was in top 10 geography bee in my state, and going thru finals, it wasnt even hard cuz poeple didnt know where things were, and get this i never studied, but made it 3 of 5 years, everything ilearned, i learned from the news, school or readign,

It is scary to think about the future, BUT we do hav some hope, when the pierre area was gonna flood last spring, there were a lot of people working hard to sandbag, the kids especially they just needed a reason to do it, why go outside and work in 100 degrees when i can just sit here and look at tman smile just kiddin, but you get my point

#3124257 - 04/16/12 09:03 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
Alot of kids in our generation are messed up but not all. I work at home ALOT. My Dad doesn't exactly force me to but I do it to help them alot of times.

Possum Eater

#3124270 - 04/16/12 09:06 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Hoosier Cooner Offline
trapper

Loc: Highland, Indiana
Don't give up on our generation guys, plenty of smart ones around. It's the dumb ones that think they are better than everyone else that'll screw us over. Gotta keep a watchfull eye on them...

Traps = Fur = Money = More Traps = More Fur = More Money = Even More Traps!

#3124322 - 04/16/12 09:30 PM Re: Our generation [Re: sdtrapper10]
lbtrapper Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: sdtrapper10
its funny how little people know about the 50 states i was in top 10 geography bee in my state, and going thru finals, it wasnt even hard cuz poeple didnt know where things were, and get this i never studied, but made it 3 of 5 years, everything ilearned, i learned from the news, school or readign,

It is scary to think about the future, BUT we do hav some hope, when the pierre area was gonna flood last spring, there were a lot of people working hard to sandbag, the kids especially they just needed a reason to do it, why go outside and work in 100 degrees when i can just sit here and look at tman smile just kiddin, but you get my point

What more motivation do we need? The way most kids see it is like this, if it doesn't help them or have immediate impact then they could care less. Our nations debt is in the gutter, not to say put credit isn't good but that doesn't last forever. If kids took a look at the big picture they might get off there [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] and do something other than watch tv and play on there phone

#3124562 - 04/17/12 01:15 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
AKTrapping907 Offline
trapper

Loc: Southeast, Alaska
I'm disappointed in our generation. I can't find a trapping partner to save my life, good thing my mom and dad take turns using sick leave to sit at the boat while I run up to the timber to catch my sets.

The one thing that really makes me irritated is that I worked all summer on a commercial fishing boat working no joke for hundreds of hours a week, When school started up again I had acquired enough money to buy a car the week I turned 16. next thing I know every kid in my school is getting cars and trucks for their sweet 16 and they're complaining they didn't get to pick it out or the color was "off" because it was a surprise.

#3124569 - 04/17/12 01:45 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
lbtrapper Offline
trapper

I feel you there 907, worked my butt of gillnetting commercially all summer long for a nice truck. Fished two permits all summer for it. I go back to school and kids are driving around mustangs and slick new cars... Man that is rotten.

Those kida are set up for failure though..one day mommy and daddy wont be there to wipe there [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] and reality will kick in. You're just a step ahead. You get what you work for..it'll pay off soon enough

#3124572 - 04/17/12 01:58 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
AKTrapping907 Offline
trapper

At least now I'm in the fishing loop and don't have to worry about college, seining/longlining for halibut in the summer and trapping winters doesn't sound like torture.
Some days I wish I was spoiled and lazy just to see what its like... on the up side I can finally have clean finger nails and no slivers!

#3124623 - 04/17/12 06:18 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Pasadena Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio,45yrs old,
Hundreds of hours a week???

#3124968 - 04/17/12 12:14 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
AKTrapping907 Offline
trapper

It felt like hundreds of hours. I worked maybe 18-20 hours a day depending on the weather, sunrise/sunset, and fish action.

#3125555 - 04/17/12 07:31 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Brennan Offline
trapper

I think the more we put down our generation the worse itll get. We're all mostly good kids.

Possum Eater

#3125981 - 04/18/12 12:17 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
lbtrapper Offline
trapper

I'd have to disagree with that. We aren't putting them down, we're simply stating it how we see it.

Good kids, sure. It doesn't change the fact that most of the kids are lazy. That's whats gonna kill us in the long run

#3127044 - 04/18/12 08:58 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
bowhunt5 Offline
trapper

Loc: ohio
yeah kids don't realize that they wont be able to live off their parents paychecks forever

#3127372 - 04/19/12 07:24 AM Re: Our generation [Re: bowhunt5]
Trapper BUR Offline
trapper

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: bowhunt5
yeah kids don't realize that they wont be able to live off their parents paychecks forever

x2, Almost everybody I know, their parents pay for everything they want/already have. Not this guy! lol I buy all my fishing, hunting, and trapping stuff. The only thing my parents buy for me is clothes, a phone, and food. lol When I tell my friends I make a $100/wk right now cutting grass, they're shocked and they say they wish they had that much! I bet even if they had the oppurtunity to have a job like mine, they wouldn't take it. Most teenagers will opt out of yard work if they can, because a lot of kids are lazy! lol They'd rather work min. wage at McDonald's than cut grass for $30-$40/yard. Unless they just don't have the tools/resources to do it.

#3128248 - 04/19/12 07:45 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Tanner98 Offline
trapper

Loc: Midwestern Illinois, 15
I work alot in the summer because I realize that I need to make money for college and a truck. I can make $400 a week while working for my cousin's excavating business. It's worth the work and it gives me something to do.

#3128368 - 04/19/12 08:44 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Brennan Offline
trapper

All the guys at in my grade at school have jobs all summer plus some of them have baseball. I can tell you this for sure. The guys in my grade and most of them at my school ARE NOT lazy.

Possum Eater

#3128523 - 04/19/12 10:27 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
sdtrapper10 Offline
trapper

same here but, we do have more farm kids. they tend to work more than others, but i think almost every boy in my class hav some sort of job. that is out of 12 boys

#3128537 - 04/19/12 10:41 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
lbtrapper Offline
trapper

Again, I'm not targeting a school or state. I'm saying Our nation as a whole is lazy. You can not defend them and say they aren't. They are

#3128705 - 04/20/12 07:09 AM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: lbtrapper
Again, I'm not targeting a school or state. I'm saying Our nation as a whole is lazy. You can not defend them and say they aren't. They are

That I agree on more. The WHOLE nation is lazy, not just our generation. I also agree with sdtrapper10. But even my grade has city kids. I 'd have to say our generation is more a 75/25 (good to lazy) ratio.

Possum Eater

#3129409 - 04/20/12 07:15 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Coonsnightmare Offline
trapper

Loc: NY
There are plenty of good kids left to run this country, and i'm sure that there has been bad eggs, and lazy people in every generation. We just need to be the ones to stop americas downhill slide. Us kids didn't make the country to way it is, but we are the ones who need to fix it before america crashes.

#3130601 - 04/21/12 08:03 PM Re: Our generation [Re: Brennan]
sdtrapper10 Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Brennan
Originally Posted By: lbtrapper

That I agree on more. The WHOLE nation is lazy, not just our generation. I also agree with sdtrapper10. But even my grade has city kids. I 'd have to say our generation is more a 75/25 (good to lazy) ratio.

X2 on both quotes, i agree it is about 75/25 good to lazy but, most of the lazy ones do work. then we have others like my friend ethan, hes been drivin truck by himself since he was 10 combine before that, he probably works the most out of anyone in our class

#3134678 - 04/24/12 09:04 PM Re: Our generation [Re: lbtrapper]
Caleb Matthews Offline
trapper

Loc: Arkansas SE
I feel the same as most of yall. There are alot of rich farmers here who give there kids LITERALLY anything they want.
Makes me sick. I watched a girl at school one day ask her daddy for $900 bucks because she was goin to the mall with her
friends after school, well guess what she got it. And thats how most of the farmers kids down here are. You would think
that they would have to work on there parents farms in the summer, but no they dont work at all. Its usually the kids
like us who work on all the farms. Ya ought to here them wine and cry when they have to do the least little bit of "work."
As far as that group of kids goes its mostly there parents fault, because they spoon feed there children. I have been raised
to work for the things that I want. If I want something then I go out and earn it.

http://calebmatthewslures.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  2poor, Bogmaster, tmrschessie