ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3114565 - 04/09/12 11:39 PM Re: YouTube the way we relocate coon family's [Re: Peskycritter]
Peskycritter Offline
trapper

Loc: south east michigan
We had this boom of custom house built here , the big thing was lots of roof lines and put as many reverse gables on the house as you can , well this
left all these spots were they left room to tuck singles under the over hangs were these roof lines meet . That's we're the holes are just like a big bat funnel or bird house,it also makes a good spot to start a hole , then this plastic ridge vent which is not even made for a roof over 6 pitch , if it's not warped the sun has got brittle or no end caps . Then these can vents with the floating screen, then the screen on the gable vent o boy the list goes on its beautiful

Free Trapper

#3115416 - 04/10/12 05:22 PM Re: YouTube the way we relocate coon family's [Re: Peskycritter]
Paul Winkelmann Online   content
trapper

Loc: mequon, wisconsin
"if it's not warped the sun has got brittle or no end caps. Then these can vents with the floating screen, then the screen on the gable vent o boy the list goes on its beautiful".....William Shakespeare

#3115608 - 04/10/12 07:00 PM Re: YouTube the way we relocate coon family's [Re: Paul Winkelmann]
K9man
Unregistered

Yes, I wish the State of Michigan would require mandatory euthanization of all nuisance and depredating wildlife. It is just my opinion based on things I have seen over the years. But since my health has prevented me from working I could really care less. I was just voicing my opinion.

At one time I was translocating 200 - 400 coon a year. As a good businessman I had several farms that would let me translocate wildife to their property. Many of these had coon hunters and trappers working them during the open season. I stopped translocating raccoon after getting phone calls from neighbors to these farmers complaining about raccoon problems. At one spot the father of a buddy of mine asked me if there was an over abundance of coon that year. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said that he had shot 30+ coon in the late afternoon that year traveling down his river bank from the direction of one of my release farms. Another reason why I stopped translocating raccoon was because I have seen the effects of distemper on a local population and I can't tell a sick coon from a healthy one if it is in the early stages and I don't want to be responsible for translocating a disease. Besides, the raccoon population is in no danger of becoming endangered.

Additionally, if I were still able to do this type of work, it would make life alot easier if all I had to do was tell my customers that the State requires euthanization of all nuisance and depredating wildlife. Then if they didn't want the animal euthanized I guess they didn't really have a problem to begin with.

Alright Paul, you can downgrade me to what number now?

#3115637 - 04/10/12 07:15 PM Re: YouTube the way we relocate coon family's [Re: Peskycritter]
Paul Winkelmann Online   content
trapper

Loc: mequon, wisconsin
Explaining to your garbageman why you needed two more garbagecans and why they each weighed 300 pounds would be the hard part.

#3115986 - 04/10/12 10:16 PM Re: YouTube the way we relocate coon family's [Re: Paul Winkelmann]
MoFarmBoy Offline
trapper

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Explaining to your garbageman why you needed two more garbagecans and why they each weighed 300 pounds would be the hard part.

LOL. Or use a Frigidaire "holding pen" and meter it out throughout the year.

#3117008 - 04/11/12 06:41 PM Re: YouTube the way we relocate coon family's [Re: Peskycritter]
Mike Flick Offline
trapper

Loc: 1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
We could all become masters at making it look like an accident or animal suicide. " Dang crazy raccoon just jumped off the overpass onto the freeway in rush hour traffic, then 6 more followed him"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3