Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3092892 - 03/26/12 09:16 PM Sports and Trapping
sdtrapper10 Offline
trapper

Loc: sd
Anyone do sports during the trapping season, how do you make time for cheching traps, putting up fur ect.

#3093237 - 03/27/12 02:48 AM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
lbtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: alaska
I wrestle during all winter. Alot of checking in the dark

#3093913 - 03/27/12 04:30 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
rednecktrapper12 Offline
trapper

Loc: south dakota
I had to stop wrestling for trapping.

#3094036 - 03/27/12 06:19 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
bic Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"

Loc: Central Pa. 54
You young fellas need to keep in mind, You have your whole life to trap but your window to participate in school sports is small. Once those day are gone, they are gone for good. You mention trying to juggle sports and trapping. What about the thousands of us that have to juggle Work, Families and other responsibilities and still manage to find time to trap. I even coach football plus all the afore-mentioned things and still trap. With a little effort in "time management" you can do sports, school AND Trap, without choosing one over the other.

#3094051 - 03/27/12 06:31 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
NorthernOutdoors Offline
trapper

Loc: Aitkin/Stacy/Ramsey MN. 17 y/o
I quit golf due to having drivers ed from 6-9pm and its the time of year to trap gophers. I get money for trapping gophers and I need the money to buy more trapping equipment. If I had golf I would not be able to trap gophers!
Drop your AWP for a friend?
*Tips fedora*

#3094450 - 03/27/12 09:45 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
speers Offline
trapper

Loc: NW iowa.... 14y/o
I already quit football to trap and next year im not gonna do wrestling. The coaches are just gonna have to learn that being in the outdoors is my life and i would rather be trapping then anything. And i also want to work to make money

#3094595 - 03/27/12 11:27 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
sdtrapper10 Offline
trapper

Loc: sd
i do football basketball track, just wondring what some of u guys do. i mite give up football, but i love bball, went to state last 2 years 3and 4 place wouldnt trade those memories for anything smile and im only a freshman, cant wait til jr. sr. years and tear it up!!!

#3095483 - 03/28/12 05:13 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
Caleb Matthews Offline
trapper

Loc: Arkansas SE
I quit sports so I could trap more. But it will depend on how much you love the sport.
Just do what you want to.

http://calebmatthewslures.blogspot.com/

#3098620 - 03/30/12 05:21 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: bic]
tmrschessie Offline

Loc: South Central Nebraska age 64
Originally Posted By: bic
You young fellas need to keep in mind, You have your whole life to trap but your window to participate in school sports is small. Once those day are gone, they are gone for good. You mention trying to juggle sports and trapping. What about the thousands of us that have to juggle Work, Families and other responsibilities and still manage to find time to trap. I even coach football plus all the afore-mentioned things and still trap. With a little effort in "time management" you can do sports, school AND Trap, without choosing one over the other.

Very well written bic. I participated in wrestling,track,cross country, and boxing...and still made time to trap...I used to get up early and ride my bike or job the two miles to the river then job the line....get home in time to shower and make it to school...never late....If you want to achieve something you will find a way to make it work. Tom

#3101752 - 04/01/12 08:53 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
TrappingTN. Offline
trapper

Loc: Jasper Tennessee
Baseball starts when im beaver trapping. I just check after school and go to practice with beavers in the back, no problem. smile

#3102426 - 04/02/12 11:26 AM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
trap designer Offline
trapper

Loc: west Michigan
12 years school, football during prime coyote time here, homework still find time to do it all along with trapping. the week after spring break i am getting a brittany spaniel pup, so that takes up more time. wouldn't give any of it up though. okay school and homework but nothing else. one funny story is my first major year trapping hadn't caught anything yet, i was getting ready to go check the traps after chores one day. my uncle asked me when i was going to stop trapping, my reply never. 30 minutes me, my cousin, and my trapping partner were standing by a dead coyote we got that day. and he was staring at and i tol him it was times like that i would never stop trapping.

#3112540 - 04/08/12 08:11 PM Re: Sports and Trapping [Re: sdtrapper10]
hunterlief Offline
trapper

Loc: colfax,wisconsin
No basketball to trap and fish!!!!!

Moderator:  2poor, Bogmaster, tmrschessie