Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

Trading Post
(Please support Fur Country Lures, our sponsor for the Wilderness Forum)

Alaska Trappers Association

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3098228 - 03/30/12 11:43 AM Re: ATA news: New Members and Magazine articles [Re: Alaskan]
drasselt Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska
I got a kick out of Dirt's snow machine trail article a few years back.

#3098232 - 03/30/12 11:54 AM Re: ATA news: New Members and Magazine articles [Re: Alaskan]
drasselt Offline
trapper

I was at the AFN convention in ANC last fall and overheard a bit of conversation involving a film documentary firm. That got me to thinking there could be some real possibilities there maybe a piece on current rising fur prices and it's effects on rural AK trappers, YJ's program, the 'Bethel Project' etc etc. Might be something to approach AFN or a native corp about.
I think there are firm's with funding that may be interested.

#3098311 - 03/30/12 01:02 PM Re: ATA news: New Members and Magazine articles [Re: Alaskan]
Kusko Offline
"Mr. Mayor"

Loc: Bethel, AK
Come on now Drasselt....why do we have to be labeled...."The Bethel Project".... LOL!

What defines a rural trapper? Do you have to live in sticks all year round? Is White17 rural? I mean, he lives in the booming town of McGrath most of the year, but then in cabin for trapping season.

Does population size define rural? If so, we are not rural, but North Pole is?

www.alaskafinandfur.com

#3098316 - 03/30/12 01:10 PM Re: ATA news: New Members and Magazine articles [Re: Alaskan]
drasselt Offline
trapper

I was referring to the program that yields the trip to ANC to sell furs. I didn't want to toss names out on the web.

Edited by drasselt (03/30/12 01:11 PM)

#3098348 - 03/30/12 01:34 PM Re: ATA news: New Members and Magazine articles [Re: Kusko]
Dirt Offline
trapper

Loc: Armpit, ak
Originally Posted By: Kusko
Come on now Drasselt....why do we have to be labeled...."The Bethel Project".... LOL!

What defines a rural trapper? Do you have to live in sticks all year round? Is White17 rural? I mean, he lives in the booming town of McGrath most of the year, but then in cabin for trapping season.

Does population size define rural? If so, we are not rural, but North Pole is?

Nothing I hate worse than another rural wanna be. grin

#3098663 - 03/30/12 06:01 PM Re: ATA news: New Members and Magazine articles [Re: Alaskan]
907trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Wasilla, Ak / Central IL
drasselt, pm sent

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6