ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
ALERT -- SIERRA CLUB POLL TO OPPOSE TRAPPING! #3089459
03/24/12 04:33 PM
03/24/12 04:33 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline OP
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline OP
"Professor"
L

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post3086392

Quote:
The Sierra Club has established a poll to determine whether it should attempt to ban trapping nationwide. Under the proposal, the Sierra Club would also attempt to ban Conibear and all similar traps, as well as leg hold traps.

You have the ability to log in and voice your opposition to these drastic measure. Go to the Sierra Club Website: www.clubhouse.sierraclub.org. About half way down the page you will see: "Seeking Comments on New Trapping Policy"

Then log in using the following:

Username: clubhouse
Password: explore

Don't worry, members and non-members are free to use the username and password.

Be respectful, and polite -- but let them know that you oppose their plans to oppose trapping!

Also, read comments on referenced thread.

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: ALERT -- SIERRA CLUB POLL TO OPPOSE TRAPPING! [Re: LAtrapper] #3089500
03/24/12 05:36 PM
03/24/12 05:36 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I've just finished my comment. Tell me what you think.

Re: ALERT -- SIERRA CLUB POLL TO OPPOSE TRAPPING! [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3089526
03/24/12 06:01 PM
03/24/12 06:01 PM
L
LAtrapper Offline OP
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline OP
"Professor"
L

It looks good Paul. "Common Sense" seems to be somewhat uncommon these days! It seems that the Sierra Club has been losing it over the years.

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: ALERT -- SIERRA CLUB POLL TO OPPOSE TRAPPING! [Re: LAtrapper] #3089815
03/24/12 09:54 PM
03/24/12 09:54 PM
Waterford, WI
N
Nathan Krause Offline
trapper
Nathan Krause  Offline
trapper
N

Waterford, WI
I figured I would share my comment.

"I like how the people who are against hunting, fishing, trapping seem to have to resort to name calling and calling out spelling errors. I also like how the people who are for hunting, fishing, and trapping seem to be curtious, give logical reasons behind their views and beliefs. I do not hunt, I rarely have time to fish even though it is my families first choice for family time and I do not fur trap. What I do is spend roughly 80 hours a week working with wildlife. I make a living off wildlife and I couldn't imagine doing anything else for a living. It is obvious that most people against these things are good hearted and love animals of all kinds. But if you put down your blinders you will see that these things are neccessary for the greater good of all wildlife. Without hunting animal populations would grow well beyond what States can handle. Insurance companies would have to triple rates to make up for all the cars getting hit by deer and other large mammals. We would have more bears wandering through school yards and into Walmarts as what has been happening in Colorado. Without fishing streams would be lost to invasive species like Northern Pike and Carp that compete with other native species. Imagine entire streams without any trout or salmon because the Pike and other large predator fish killed them all. Trapping provides clothing for millions of people in Russia and China. It is one of the only exports we have that goes to those two countries. It is also the ONLY method to rid a house of squirrels or raccoons. It is the ONLY method that will remove that coyote that has dragged children away from playgrounds in California. Nobody has to like these activities but how can you justify taking away what might be the only thing saving some species from becoming extinct? What if a group of people got together and said we want to ban all air travel because birds get killed daily at airports, would you also jump on board for this cause? My guess would be NO, and because that would directly have an effect on your life. I can say that I remove wildlife from homes (almost always humanely) and 75% of my customers love wildlife and do not want it hurt. But they also understand that their families safety comes first. Maybe it will take a raccoon moving into your attic and falling through your ceiling or a skunk living under your porch and spraying your dog nightly and you needing a Wildlife Professional before you will see the light."

Re: ALERT -- SIERRA CLUB POLL TO OPPOSE TRAPPING! [Re: LAtrapper] #3089900
03/24/12 10:39 PM
03/24/12 10:39 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Good job, Nate! Ron, are there any other forums that this post needs to be on?

Re: ALERT -- SIERRA CLUB POLL TO OPPOSE TRAPPING! [Re: LAtrapper] #3089961
03/24/12 11:05 PM
03/24/12 11:05 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
They must be hurting for money that's what's all about , how do you catch a bird in a conibear anyway , I guess they can outlaw trapping then the state can pay me to trap , bring it on I'm done being scared I'm loosing my trapping rights , stupid people making money is what it's about

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread