ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3084747
03/21/12 11:45 AM
03/21/12 11:45 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Should try to keep it simple, explaining your price over the phone can confus people into just calling the other guy , people are suspect to hiden cost . I live in a area with lots of foreign people they are very hip to hidden cost ,

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Peskycritter] #3086882
03/22/12 08:10 PM
03/22/12 08:10 PM

K
K9man
Unregistered
K9man
Unregistered
K

I think a per animal fee is wrong and takes advantage of the customer in some instances, and in others it takes advantage of the nwco. But for the sake of the customer I used to always offer them a choice between a flat rate for x number of days or a set up and so much per animal. Let them choose the contract they would feel the most comfortable with. In either case I am going to deliver on resolving the conflict. And in either case for a contract to binding it must have a starting date and an ending date. The ending date can be altered if both parties in question agree to it.

Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3086959
03/22/12 08:45 PM
03/22/12 08:45 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
X 2 !

Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3087703
03/23/12 10:05 AM
03/23/12 10:05 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Most of my chipmunk jobs I will go flat rate , I love it , I get paid up front , I'll gang set around the land scape , I just stop by once aday and it keeps the job real simple

Free Trapper
Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3088345
03/23/12 07:35 PM
03/23/12 07:35 PM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
I had a customer call the other day because she had hired someone else first,they were gone, and she now wanted a second opinion. I believe he did a good job at resolving her problem,but what interested me was his receipt. He charged her a service call fee. Then he charged a per animal fee on top of that,but what I thought was a little overboard was he charged her a daily trap rental fee also,for everyday he left a trap. Does anyone else do this on a regular basis ? It seems like hiring a carpenter to do a job, then he charges you for renting his table saw ? I had never seen this done, and was curious if it was a regular practice I am missing the boat on.

Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3088425
03/23/12 08:31 PM
03/23/12 08:31 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
We do the original service call and the per animal fee and then we add the trap rental fee, the rebait fee, the relocation fee, the added gas cost fee, the advertising fee, the liability insurance fee, the surtax fee, and of course the accountant fee for adding all the other fees up. We're still waiting for our first job.

Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Albert Burns] #3088539
03/23/12 09:27 PM
03/23/12 09:27 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Originally Posted By: Albert Burns
I had a customer call the other day because she had hired someone else first,they were gone, and she now wanted a second opinion. I believe he did a good job at resolving her problem,but what interested me was his receipt. He charged her a service call fee. Then he charged a per animal fee on top of that,but what I thought was a little overboard was he charged her a daily trap rental fee also,for everyday he left a trap. Does anyone else do this on a regular basis ? It seems like hiring a carpenter to do a job, then he charges you for renting his table saw ? I had never seen this done, and was curious if it was a regular practice I am missing the boat on.
He charge a trap rental fee so he was then leasing her the trap, so if she didn't check the trap she would get the ticket not him

Free Trapper
Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3088920
03/24/12 04:46 AM
03/24/12 04:46 AM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
"He charge a trap rental fee so he was then leasing her the trap, so if she didn't check the trap she would get the ticket not him"

In NY we can designate that a homeowner be allowed to check a cage, and call in, but in the end any cage we set is our responsibility. If it is not checked, and they don't call in, I get the ticket,there is no liability on the homeowner. I have alway's been one that likes to lay an eyeball on every cage I have set daily, the customer most of the time can't even tell if they are set or not. Paul, I got a good laugh out of that,alway's a pleasure seeing what you post. Have a great day, Albert

Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Albert Burns] #3089027
03/24/12 09:01 AM
03/24/12 09:01 AM

K
K9man
Unregistered
K9man
Unregistered
K

I think the guy charging a trap rental fee is trying to cover his butt if something goes wrong. But in the end the client has a contract copy and can still show that he/she/they were charged a set up and service fee so the contractor (the nwco) is still legally responsible for the trap, and the welfare of any animals captured in said trap, that he/she set. The nwco is hosing the client IMO.

Here is why I really like some sort of set flat rate fee regardless of numbers of animals caught. I know what my fixed costs are, and I have a rough idea of what my variable costs are to do business, and I can pretty much judge how long a job should take me to successfully resolve it to my clients, and my, satisfaction. The faster I get it completed the more profitable I am.

Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3089072
03/24/12 09:43 AM
03/24/12 09:43 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
We do the original service call and the per animal fee and then we add the trap rental fee, the rebait fee, the relocation fee, the added gas cost fee, the advertising fee, the liability insurance fee, the surtax fee, and of course the accountant fee for adding all the other fees up. We're still waiting for our first job.

And that is exactly how you price a job, but for our clients sake add them all up and you have your fee structure.

Paul, if you don't mind I am going to steal this one to give to my clients who are to dense to understand.

[Linked Image]
Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3089115
03/24/12 10:19 AM
03/24/12 10:19 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
I see some company's charge a trap checking fee , I also see this one company that has the customer call in each day by 8 am or they call the customer if no answer a tech is sent out and a trap check fee is charged , someday will have a deer cam that will check the traps for us , I know they do now but to much $

Free Trapper
Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3089127
03/24/12 10:34 AM
03/24/12 10:34 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Last year I caught a coon witch had chewed in the roof , the neighbor called the CO out witch got there the same time I did , he had know problem with my coon trapped but got a little upset that I had the customer check the trap for me , it was all legal he claimed seeing the animal was removed per the 24 hour check law , are trapping laws here are not very defined so some things are legal to one CO but not to others , if it goes to court the judge will have know idea if your legal or not .

Free Trapper
Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3089432
03/24/12 03:59 PM
03/24/12 03:59 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
While it's true that the money is in the exclusions, the fun is in the wildlife. I am all about fun! Take yesterday for example. A big Canadian gander fluffed up his wings and made a running start AT ME. I then commenced to fluff up my scrawny little wings and ran at him. I'll bet he's still telling his goose buddies about this lunatic that almost ran him over.

Paul, Paul...
1. You're not a goose. You can't fly.
2. Stop jumping off ladders.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: I'm finally learning! (Price structure) [Re: Budfish] #3093455
03/27/12 10:06 AM
03/27/12 10:06 AM
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Budfish Offline OP
trapper
Budfish  Offline OP
trapper

Des Allemands, Louisiana
Thanks for all the input guys. This is gonna take some real wheel burning to make a good decision.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread