Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3078227 - 03/16/12 07:39 PM adults have a garden thread... so we will too...
wvhunter Offline
trapper

Loc: east bank wv 17 y/o
so does anyone on here have gardens? i tilled mine today and it was the first time it had ever been tilled since creation... i pulled 2 heaped wheel barrow loads of rocks out ( i am an idiot for doing this but i am gardening in a creek bed... or close enough to one, its in a holler with a creek about 50 yards away) and the rocks where the size of a 2 liter bottle give or take... it was about 10 yards by 30 yards and went in an obtuse angle shape... so how about yall, got any gardening progress?

#3078472 - 03/16/12 09:35 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
NorthernOutdoors Offline
trapper

Loc: Aitkin/Stacy/Ramsey MN. 17 y/o
I tried growing 3 gardens last year. One for mixed vegetables, one for corn, and one for potatoes. The rain destroyed the potatoes, I forgot about the corn for 2 weeks and it got overgrown with weeds, and the mixed vegetables, well bugs got to half of them. This year I might try again!
Drop your AWP for a friend?
*Tips fedora*

#3078643 - 03/16/12 11:05 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
I'm going to have a hundred tomato plants, a nice size pumpkin patch and watermelons on a farmers pivot that he's letting me borrow. I am going to grow onions, cukes, potatoes, maybe corn, and beans. I'll put in the onions and potatoes first to sell in the early market. Then tomatoes will come along and cucumbers and at the end of next year the melons and pumpkins.

Possum Eater

#3079472 - 03/17/12 07:35 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
trappinismygame Offline
trapper

Loc: Virginia
I usually have about an acre for myself to garden and I focus mainly on pumpkins an watermelons. But I help my family with the other gardens we grow. We usually grow taters, peppers, maters, squash, corn, cucumbers, beets, onions and gourds. I always start our maters and peppers from seed, but this year I haven't really done much. We did disk the ground today but I got to wait for it to dry up before I can cultivate it. But until then I have rocks to pick.

#3080017 - 03/18/12 08:39 AM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
wvhunter Offline
trapper

what do you guys plow with? a turning/bottom plow or a tiller? how do yyou guys till extremely rocky ground? i just dop the tiller down in it and let it eat... beats a man to death

#3083667 - 03/20/12 07:02 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
trappinismygame Offline
trapper

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: wvhunter
what do you guys plow with? a turning/bottom plow or a tiller? how do yyou guys till extremely rocky ground? i just dop the tiller down in it and let it eat... beats a man to death

we have a plow that we hook to our tractor to break the top each year. depending on how hard the ground is we either use our one hook plow or our two hook (the two for harder ground or to make bigger rows) then we go thru with a till and just let it eat it's way down. but it does beat you up pretty badly. Because of all the rocks we have, after we break the ground with the plows we pick up almost all the rocks before we go through with the tiller. I takes time but it is well worth it.

#3083914 - 03/20/12 08:34 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
ID Grizzkid Offline
trapper

Loc: ID Panhandle
I only have a few rasberry bushes as far gardening go's but I have a chicken coop and six hen's. they are buff orpington's

#3088525 - 03/23/12 08:19 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
G-Trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: north west missouri
just tilled mie up before the 2inches of rain hit this week hope to plant in a few more weeks

#3090328 - 03/25/12 08:25 AM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
wvhunter Offline
trapper

i want chickens real bad but i aint allowed to have em... might be able to get some after the horses are gone...

#3091062 - 03/25/12 07:37 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
We have 20 hens and a rooster.

Possum Eater

#3171166 - 05/24/12 02:39 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
rednecktrapper12 Offline
trapper

Loc: south dakota
TTT

#3172851 - 05/25/12 06:40 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
chris jorud Offline
trapper

Loc: mn
We have 2 gardens and lots of animals on our hobby farm. Chickens, Phesants, Chuckers, Pigs, Rabbits, and Goats. Do you guys have any other animals?

#3172944 - 05/25/12 07:52 PM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
Bogmaster Offline

Loc: Lakeland,Minnesota
CDA Trapper--I do chickens. Every chance I get--at KFC"s Buffet.
Yum,Yum,Yum.
Tom

#3180353 - 06/10/12 02:26 AM Re: adults have a garden thread... so we will too... [Re: wvhunter]
BMC Lover Offline
trapper

Loc: NW Oregon
i have a strawberry patch

Moderator:  2poor, Bogmaster, tmrschessie