The Pen and Quill

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#2711770 - 09/01/11 07:58 AM My new (fiction) book, "Spirit of the Fox"
Coon Tracker Offline
trapper

Loc: Florida
My latest work of fiction will be available this winter! It is the story of a tame fox that was released from a fur farm by radical animal activists. As he struggles to survive in the wild, he is being tracked by a local trapper who was hired by the fur rancher to bring him back alive. However, this proves more challenging than anyone expects, and becomes a difficult and somewhat brutal journey through the wilds of South Dakota. This book would be most appropriate for ages 12 and up.

I will post more info when it is released!

Here is a preview of the first chapter:
https://www.createspace.com/pub/community/give.review.do?id=1086223

And an image of the cover:

#2725748 - 09/10/11 08:08 AM Re: My new (fiction) book, "Spirit of the Fox" [Re: Coon Tracker]
FEZZ Offline
trapper

Loc: Connecticut
I realy liek the preview, this seems liek a really good book, tell me when it's out

#2729837 - 09/13/11 01:32 PM Re: My new (fiction) book, "Spirit of the Fox" [Re: Coon Tracker]
Coon Tracker Offline
trapper

Thanks, I'll be sure to let you know, and I'll also post an update on here when its out!

#2731473 - 09/14/11 11:42 AM Re: My new (fiction) book, "Spirit of the Fox" [Re: Coon Tracker]
cpizzicharlie Offline
trapper

Loc: PENNSYLVANIA, USA
Liked the preview alot, my kind of story. Can you also let us know where we can purchase it when it is available. If this is not your first can you supply information on any others you have done.

Thanks,
Charlie

#2739285 - 09/20/11 09:05 AM Re: My new (fiction) book, "Spirit of the Fox" [Re: Coon Tracker]
Coon Tracker Offline
trapper

Glad you liked the preview! This is my 2nd book, I am publishing it myself, so once it is ready you can either order it online through the self-publishing company (CreateSpace) or direct from me once I have some copies available.

The first book I wrote was a children's book called Wildwood (www.WildwoodMine.com) It had been published by a regular publisher, however it is now out of print because that publisher went out of business. I will re-publish Wildwood myself once I am finished with Spirit of the Fox.

#2885425 - 12/14/11 06:30 AM Re: My new (fiction) book, "Spirit of the Fox" [Re: Coon Tracker]
Coon Tracker Offline
trapper

Just thought I'd post an update here--as of this morning, "Spirit of the Fox" is now available for purchase online! I will have limited signed copies available soon, too.

https://www.createspace.com/3549204

#3210630 - 07/03/12 09:39 AM Re: My new (fiction) book, "Spirit of the Fox" [Re: Coon Tracker]
Coon Tracker Offline
trapper

Another update: Now available as an e-book for Kindle! Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Spirit-of-the-Fox-...6304&sr=1-3

Of course, I also have regular printed copies available, too!