Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2578319 - 05/12/11 09:21 AM Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome
Brennan Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
What are your guys thoughts?
Brennan-

Possum Eater

#2578323 - 05/12/11 09:27 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Hoosier Cooner Offline
trapper

Loc: Highland, Indiana
Public schools

Traps = Fur = Money = More Traps = More Fur = More Money = Even More Traps!

#2578325 - 05/12/11 09:28 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Coon Sniper Offline
trapper

Loc: NW Missouri, Grundy County
Home. in my situation. i like homeschool better (when i was in school), but i also socialized with all my friends that i left back in the public school.

#2578425 - 05/12/11 11:17 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
iwantacoyote Offline
trapper

Loc: New York 19 yrs
got banned from this site for a week from getting into a topic like this........im sitting this one out! lol

#2578717 - 05/12/11 05:43 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Cody_13 Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa
You will get a better education through public school.

#2578782 - 05/12/11 06:34 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Trapper365 Offline
trapper

Loc: Allegheny PA 14 yrs old
not true brook lets not start any disputes. I go to public school but all it matters on is who is teaching and if you have a determined parent than they could be better than a regular teacher.

#2578894 - 05/12/11 08:18 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Trapper365 Offline
trapper

Loc: Allegheny PA 14 yrs old
Yeah more trapping!! Wish i was homeschooled. lol I always tell my mom when im older im a live in the woods and she calls me mountainman Tim.lol

#2578934 - 05/12/11 08:43 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

Loc: North of 2poor, MN
Check this out and tell me you can only get a decent education through the public school system. http://blog.drwile.com/?p=5140

'Oh no, I found a PLANT growing in the WOODS and I think someone PUT it there!'

#2578983 - 05/12/11 09:18 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
2poor Offline

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
Depends !

I would say there our positives to both.

Positives with home schooling our the smaller environment, with one on one tutoring if you struggle in an area.

Coon Sniper brings up another concern I have. I have seen very bright homeschooled kids that did not socialize as much as they should have. In life we have to deal with a sorted bunch. Very similar to Public schools where you get the good with the bad.

A Positive to Public Schools is they often have some very good Industrial Arts programs like. Small engines, Welding, Plastics, Electric, Drafting, Mechanical or Wood Shop. Often the level of equipment is quite good and you get some opportunity you may not have at home.

Local High school kids built a hopped up Street Rod as a Class project.

Positives to Home School is you can often progress faster with more individualized attention. You can work more efficiently and find yourself ahead with school work and have more time on your hands to do things you enjoy.

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#2578990 - 05/12/11 09:23 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

With regards to socialization, since that is one of the major concerns... I have a wide range of friends from infants to great grandparents. It makes me sad every time I talk to a public schooled kid who doesn't talk to people who aren't his age, just because they aren't his age. Not saying everyone who goes to public school is that way, but I have never noticed it in any homeschoolers I have talked to.

#2579217 - 05/13/11 06:51 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
MncoonerJr Offline
trapper

Loc: MN
Homeschool for me.
At a public school all it takes is one bad kid to screw up the whole school.
Plus you get to trap more if you are home schooled grin

#2579343 - 05/13/11 08:56 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Well, I especially like it better because I'm free to do things. Yes solializing is a problem but I socialize fine. I go to church, see friends, see family (got 5 sisters and a brother)(gonna have another sibling), Boy Scouts, etc etc.
Public Schools you do get to socialize, you do get free teaching (just kidding taxes take care of that), but you don't have freedom like you would HS. Plus you can learn more. I hate math but I am better (not to be bragging) then all the other guys in my Boy Scout troop. Reading is a plus because I love it. So I think homeschoolers are a superiour (sp?) race. grin Thanks guys,
Brennan-

Possum Eater

#2579344 - 05/13/11 09:01 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

Superior, you dope. laugh We're not in England.

#2579354 - 05/13/11 09:08 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: SkunkWrestler]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: SkunkWrestler
Superior, you dope. laugh We're not in England.

LOL you have broken my honour.

Possum Eater

#2579375 - 05/13/11 09:29 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

Shall we have a duelle? LOL

#2579388 - 05/13/11 09:47 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
2poor Offline

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
Not sure I consider hanging out with Grandma, and your 5 brothers and sisters as socializing.

I think of socializing as having to interact with individuals outside your comfort zone.

In life we have to interact with bullies, pretty girls, not so pretty girls, and hoodlums of all sorts. Once we enter the job market we often have to rub elbows with the same diverse group of individuals.

There are life skills developed in a Public School environment that benefit us in the next phase of our lives.

Of course often in Public Schools we spend more time socializing then learning.

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#2579397 - 05/13/11 09:55 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: 2poor]
Coon Sniper Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: 2poor
Not sure I consider hanging out with Grandma, and your 5 brothers and sisters as socializing.

I think of socializing as having to interact with individuals outside your comfort zone.

In life we have to interact with bullies, pretty girls, not so pretty girls, and hoodlums of all sorts. Once we enter the job market we often have to rub elbows with the same diverse group of individuals.

There are life skills developed in a Public School environment that benefit us in the next phase of our lives.

Well said.

In life we have to interact with pretty girls and not so pretty girls.

Amen to that wink

- kyle

#2579419 - 05/13/11 10:21 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Cody_13]
frogskinner Offline
trapper

Loc: mn
Originally Posted By: BrookCreekTrappr
You will get a better education through public school.

who told you that? Cause it sure as heck isn't true.

#2579422 - 05/13/11 10:25 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Coon Sniper Offline
trapper

Its a matter of peronal opinion and diagnosis (sp?)

still, as i quoted, 2poor stated it best.

- kyle

#2579445 - 05/13/11 10:44 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: 2poor]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Well, I work at a Museum that is staged in the 1800s and I work in the Tinshop where we make tin things. I work with a guy I didn't know until then. I sell stuff that we make and that sorta thing. I worked for the first time there last year (museum closes in winter) and this year I will be able to run the thing by myself without anyone in there to help. So I solialize just fine.

Not so pretty girls isn't in my line. lol Really its the parents fault if they don't let their kids solialize. But also though, the kids fault if they don't purpously (sp?) (I know, so much for homeschooling, right?)
Brennan-

Possum Eater

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  2poor, Bogmaster, tmrschessie