Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2589740 - 05/23/11 02:06 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Bogmaster]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
Originally Posted By: Bogmaster
If God did not have dating and girlfriends in mind-- there would have been--no Adam and Eve.
There is also nothing about,cars,computers or airplanes in the bible.But God gave man, the knowledge to create them.
Tom

Yes agreed. But I used to go to public school and pretty much all the 7th grade and up guys were only interested in girls in sometimes a bad way. I even lust sometimes even though in the bible it says not to. I try very hard not to though. But having girlfriend/boyfriend relationships is something that needs to be done through God.
Brennan-

Possum Eater

#2589846 - 05/23/11 04:21 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
2poor Offline

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
Let's be careful to not turn this into a full fledged Bible lesson.

Just guessing , I suspect I dated several dozen gals before I got married. Some were obviously better suited to be a girl friend then a wife.

Some were just friends that were girls, and we just enjoyed each others company. I do not think either of us ever intended to marry each other, but we did very much enjoy hanging out.

Some past girlfriends I still call a friend and we correspond several times a month.

Some dumped me, and I dumped some.

Been married to the same gal for near 30 years. I learned a lot about women by spending time with more then one.

I think it is fictitious to think you should not date a girl unless you intend to make her your wife. Dating a gal is how we find out if we our compatible and if we can tolerate each other.

No doubt that Public School offers you more opportunity to socialize with gals. Socializing with them we learn something on how they think and react to situations. We do not have to call a friend that is a girl a girl friend to learn from them though.

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#2590196 - 05/23/11 09:33 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: 2poor]
ninjabobkid Offline
trapper

Loc: mn
Originally Posted By: 2poor
ninjabobkid

I completely understand why some parents choose to home school. They want to protest there children from poor influences.

But at some point in ones life most will have to mainstream.

Parents teach there children values so they make the correct decision. For the most part I have made pretty good decision in life being raised a Christian. Despite being a product of the Public School.

Your exactly right.

Why don't we get this down to the point...Neither one is beter then the other it all matters on the person.

Edited by ninjabobkid (05/23/11 09:34 PM)

George s. patton

#2590614 - 05/24/11 12:17 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
D.S.Waters Offline
trapper

Loc: Texas, USA,
I was not saying there should not be relationships between males and females, I was saying that we should not go and have several different girlfriends just to see what we like and don't like.
We should what on God and He will present the right person for us.

My girl her name is Ginger.
Best rabbit hunting dog I have ever had.
To bad I have had only one.

#2590747 - 05/24/11 03:31 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Bogmaster Online   content

Loc: Lakeland,Minnesota
Having several girl friends in your life time,is a natural thing. Hard to find the right one, if you only go out with one.And many girl friends are just a part of our social life, and have nothing to do with being potential spouses.Girls as friends, was just as important as having boys as friends.
You cannot fully develope all your social skills, if you limit yourself to a single female friend or a single male friend.
Over the years I have had many female friends,and they were just that--friends.We did not date.
Tom

#2590900 - 05/24/11 05:42 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Bogmaster]
NathanY Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: Bogmaster
If God did not have dating and girlfriends in mind-- there would have been--no Adam and Eve.
There is also nothing about,cars,computers or airplanes in the bible.But God gave man, the knowledge to create them.
Tom

adam and eve. a one man women and a one woman man. dating and such norm. dont end with 1 man 1 women its oh i dated this one and this one and this one etc.

#2590902 - 05/24/11 05:46 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: D.S.Waters]
NathanY Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: D.S.Waters
I was not saying there should not be relationships between males and females, I was saying that we should not go and have several different girlfriends just to see what we like and don't like.
We should what on God and He will present the right person for us.

x2 wait for God, he knows who is right for you.

#2591112 - 05/24/11 07:52 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: NathanY]
Pasadena Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio,45yrs old,
Originally Posted By: NathanY

I do not fully understand this statement. Are you saying to wait and God will find you your wife?

#2591241 - 05/24/11 08:54 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]

Thats what it seems to look like, but 50% of american marriages end in divorce,so I sure wouldn't blame God.
Tom

#2591255 - 05/24/11 09:00 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

Loc: North of 2poor, MN
A wrecked marriage in my opinion, is a sign that one or both people involved had the wrong attitude about marriage or their spouse, or their responsibilities. My opinion is that if both people have a Biblical view of marriage, they will be able to work out any problems they may have and have a fulfilling relationship.

So that is part of the reason I am not really into girls or dating; the way I see it, if I can find a Christian woman who I have a lot in common with, everything will be okay.

'Oh no, I found a PLANT growing in the WOODS and I think someone PUT it there!'

#2591273 - 05/24/11 09:10 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]

I have been married almost 33 years. Things can get tough and some take the easy way out,rather than try to work things out.
I think unless you have been married, you cannot fully comprehend all that goes into it.
Tom

#2591275 - 05/24/11 09:10 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Pasadena Offline
trapper

That's exactly what I was thinking Tom.

I agree to an extent Skunk, but some married couples just grow apart, situations change, views change.

#2591296 - 05/24/11 09:20 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: SkunkWrestler]
2poor Offline

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
Originally Posted By: SkunkWrestler
the way I see it, if I can find a Christian woman who I have a lot in common with, everything will be okay.

Worked for me Toby.

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#2591309 - 05/24/11 09:29 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

Loc: North of 2poor, MN
I understand that things can change after you get married but the point I was making is that no matter how hard things get, you made a pledge when you got married and what does it say about you if you are willing to toss it aside when it gets tough? I understand that I can't know everything about it yet, or maybe ever, but still I think one has to make an effort to make things work, as a matter of responsibility.

'Oh no, I found a PLANT growing in the WOODS and I think someone PUT it there!'

#2591574 - 05/25/11 06:23 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Pasadena]
NathanY Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Pasadena

I do not fully understand this statement. Are you saying to wait and God will find you your wife?

He will bring the right one by, like he did for adam! smile
No need to try 15 of them to see which one you like, God knows which one is perfect.

Dating is setting up for devorce. thats why the rate is so high. Young people base relationship on emotions, then when they get hurt, they break it off. Well do that 15 times before you get married and it is easy to do it when your married.

#2591577 - 05/25/11 06:26 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Pasadena]
NathanY Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Pasadena
That's exactly what I was thinking Tom.

I agree to an extent Skunk, but some married couples just grow apart, situations change, views change.

then they never really loved each other, and they shouldnt have got married.

"I do, till death do us part."

Love is not what you can get out of someone, but rather what you can give.

how did we get on this?

#2591752 - 05/25/11 10:22 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
In the strongest, most successful marriage I am familiar with, both individuals are athiests. How do you explain that ?

Also, What about the millions of marriages on the earth where the spouses are not christian but some other belief system ? How do you explain that ? Are they all destined to fail ?

#2592014 - 05/25/11 03:53 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: NathanY]
Pasadena Offline
trapper

He will bring the right one by, like he did for adam! smile
No need to try 15 of them to see which one you like, God knows which one is perfect.

Dating is setting up for devorce. thats why the rate is so high. Young people base relationship on emotions, then when they get hurt, they break it off. Well do that 15 times before you get married and it is easy to do it when your married.

How the heck are you going to know which one God picked for you? I have yet to see a sign on any single women that said, " God picked me for you".

Explain to me in your 17 years of life. How do you know dating is not a means to an end? By dating,couples figure out what they like and dislike in the opposite sex. I sure as heck am glad I dated through highschool and afterwards so I could realise how good I have it with my wife. If I would have married the first, second, third ect.... girls I dated I'm pretty sure I would have been divorced quite a few times. You don't buy a car without test driving it first, most folks don't buy the first house they walk through. Process of what works and doesn't work for you.

#2592649 - 05/26/11 06:23 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
NathanY Offline
trapper

To answer whites question. You can drive 90 mph, hit the curp and fly off the road and be ok. But some times you can drive 90 mph hit the curb and die. it's a risky chance. Id rather drive safely. The same goes for dating. it may work as far as having a good relationship latter with someone. 50% of them don't. but even if it does, your heart has been giving away to each person you dated in some way. So when you finely get married, whoever you marry isn't going to have your wole heart. Also look at the people your gonna hurt when you date around then break it up.

Pasadena, veiwing women as a car is like veiwing them as cattle like muslims do, women have a heart with feelings. check this link out

http://solvefamilyproblems.com/index.php...0&Itemid=14

if you really want to know why i believe they way i do, then get this vidoes, this guy explains allot of stuff

God's Plan for Finding a Mate - DVD
Victory Over the Dating Spirit - DVD
7 Bible Truths Violated by Christian Dating - DVD
Questions & Answers about Betrothal - DVD

you can get them in cd if you just wanna listen to them. i like to watch them myself.
those 4 there are some good stuff

#2592777 - 05/26/11 09:46 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
Good stuff Nathan. I think God gives hints on who to date and tries to guide that person to the right one but he lets you decide. Don't you guys think? Dating is a learning process but so is marriage. A person needs to know though the basics first. But have 10 relationships and not having one come through can be a bad sign. You have to give stuff a lot of thought. My sister has had a lot of relationships and we have yet to have one come through.
Brennan-

Possum Eater

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  2poor, Bogmaster, tmrschessie