Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2585877 - 05/19/11 02:08 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: B&B Trapping]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
Originally Posted By: B&B Trapping
So I guess alot of you home schoolers have a chance to take classes like Ag, Drafting, Autos, Metal working, carpentry classes by a teacher that has lots of years of working at jobs that teaches more than 2+2=4, and that the world is round. That something you can't always learn at home, or from a book. I learned about ag and working on eqiupment at home, but I didn't learn everything I needed to know about it. Also I learned back in high school how to draft and now I have a dagree in it, and would of never learn that at home because the drafting program cost $2000+ for one year of use.For Metal working I doudt your parents could afford the amount it cost to have all ht metal working tools you could find even at a small public school metal shop. Carpentry you could run around with a group building houses, but you probly would just be a grunt man and would miss out on learn the actul trade. At the high school I went to we would have atleast 5 or 6 jobs a year and would have to do it all are selfs and design, and figure cost of the building. So I think a lot of homeschoolers are going to miss out on something that could change their way of life.

I do my own woodwork and I'm a museum tinsmith. lol But you are talking for other people.

Possum Eater

#2585878 - 05/19/11 02:08 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
MncoonerJr Offline
trapper

Loc: MN
I a a proud homeschooler and I have never wanted to go to a public school before and I will never go to a public school unless I have to and I know I will not miss out on anything I want to do when I get older and go to college I do not know about other homeschoolers but I would say that it is easier to go to different classes because you are not stuck all day inside of a crapy building and being made fun of because of your height and you have extra time to trap after it all too.

#2585879 - 05/19/11 02:09 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
grinner1275 Offline
trapper

Loc: PA!!
I have a polite question, what is the point of this thread? Just curious.

#2585912 - 05/19/11 02:34 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: grinner1275]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: grinner1275
I have a polite question, what is the point of this thread? Just curious.

To see what peoples views and thoughts are on the subject.
Brennan-

Possum Eater

#2585914 - 05/19/11 02:36 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Awesomepossum]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Awesomepossum
I didnt mean it like that ,I just saying that 90% of the home schoolers Ive met have been really well uh not mature at all. As in a group of (older) teen age boys were acting like 8yr olds.

From what I've seen and heard, Public School guys are more inclined to be imature and interested in girls. All the homeschooled guys I know are respectable and very mature.
Brennan-

Possum Eater

#2585921 - 05/19/11 02:42 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
grinner1275 Offline
trapper

IMO there is alot of un soicilizing home schooled kids out there. I have noticed that public schooled kids have a better social life then most home school kids do.

As far as who gets the better ecucation? well, IMO It's about even. There is a few really brilliant public schoolers as there is with home schoolers.

No-one is gonna change anyones mind on this subject, so again i ask, whats the point?

#2585925 - 05/19/11 02:43 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
grinner1275 Offline
trapper

Oh, i have noticed, that home schoolers are generally more mature then public schoolers.

#2585990 - 05/19/11 03:55 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
D.S.Waters Offline
trapper

Loc: Texas, USA,
You know guys some of you say kids that were home schooled can't socialize, some say kids that went to public school can't socialize, and other say they can.

Well if you just look at how many people posted on this post, you will see you all are socializing with other kids on here. You are all talking to each other and getting along, and I bet you all are not the same age, and some of you go to school and some stay home and do school.

So you should be proud that you all can get along and not worry about who is who and have fun.

My girl her name is Ginger.
Best rabbit hunting dog I have ever had.
To bad I have had only one.

#2586006 - 05/19/11 04:08 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: grinner1275]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
IMO there is alot of un soicilizing home schooled kids out there. I have noticed that public schooled kids have a better social life then most home school kids do. As far as who gets the better ecucation? well, IMO It's about even. There is a few really brilliant public schoolers as there is with home schoolers.

No-one is gonna change anyones mind on this subject, so again i ask, whats the point?

Socialization is not about the quality of your social life. It's about how well you are able to interact in society. Are you socially well adjusted or do you pick your nose and fart in church. Can you carry on an age-appropriate conversation and work successfully with other people.

The point of the question is that this is a young person's forum. There's more going on in life than just trapping. If that's what you want, you need to try the "Strictly Trapping " page

#2586103 - 05/19/11 05:13 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: B&B Trapping]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

Loc: North of 2poor, MN
Originally Posted By: B&B Trapping
So I guess alot of you home schoolers have a chance to take classes like Ag, Drafting, Autos, Metal working, carpentry classes by a teacher that has lots of years of working at jobs that teaches more than 2+2=4, and that the world is round.

Actually, yes. You don't have to attend public school to take classes you're interested in. If you want to learn a trade, you apprentice yourself to someone in that trade. For example, one thing I was interested in several years ago was taxidermy. I became an apprentice to a taxidermist for a year and learned all about the trade, mounting everything from striped bass to gadwalls to corsican rams, and even a lifesize deer for Hank Williams Jr.
Another example: A neighbor had his house burn down and needed help rebuilding it. I was only 15 but I had done some work with remodeling and was able to help the contractor install ceilings, hardwood floors, tile floors, carpet, and insulation. Some of those things I already knew about but other things I was able to learn from that experience. Had I been interested in learning about a specific part of the building process, all I would have had to do was ask and they would have had me learn that.
Ag is another thing I have been involved in to a limited degree, not because I'm limited, but there are other things that interest me more. There is 4H and FFA for people interested in ag. If you really want to learn about it, talk to a farmer and help him out for the summer, I've done that before in addition to going on 4H trips all over my state.
Just because you're homeschooled doesn't mean you're limited: if you want to learn something, all you have to do is go to whatever you want to learn, and not wait for it to come to you. It's called being proactive.

'Oh no, I found a PLANT growing in the WOODS and I think someone PUT it there!'

#2586104 - 05/19/11 05:13 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: white17]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: white17
IMO there is alot of un soicilizing home schooled kids out there. I have noticed that public schooled kids have a better social life then most home school kids do. As far as who gets the better ecucation? well, IMO It's about even. There is a few really brilliant public schoolers as there is with home schoolers.

Socialization is not about the quality of your social life. It's about how well you are able to interact in society. Are you socially well adjusted or do you pick your nose and fart in church. Can you carry on an age-appropriate conversation and work successfully with other people.

The point of the question is that this is a young person's forum. There's more going on in life than just trapping. If that's what you want, you need to try the "Strictly Trapping " page

LOL you're not talking to me are you? smile

Possum Eater

#2586174 - 05/19/11 06:11 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
MooseMasher Offline
trapper

Loc: Herriman, Utah
I would have to take a bet that most public school kids don't spend as much time as you guys do on trapperman. But you do go to school at HOME. Not all us public schoolers have the freedom to stay at home listen to our parents and stay on trapperman.

-Moose

You will find the cats where they are, loCATion, loCATion, loCATion.

-MooseMasher

#2586178 - 05/19/11 06:14 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
No brennan I wasn't talking to you.

#2586183 - 05/19/11 06:19 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: white17]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: white17
No brennan I wasn't talking to you.

I know I was kidding. lol

Possum Eater

#2586547 - 05/19/11 11:13 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Bogmaster Offline

Loc: Lakeland,Minnesota
Brennan, just a quick question--whats the name of your home schooled football team? How about baseball,basketball,hockey ,soccer????What bands do you have playing at your dances??
Tom

#2586675 - 05/20/11 07:15 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Bogmaster]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Bogmaster
Brennan, just a quick question--whats the name of your home schooled football team? How about baseball,basketball,hockey ,soccer????What bands do you have playing at your dances??
Tom

I think it should be obvious that one family can't do those things. If homeschoolers want to be involved in that kind of thing, they can generally join the team at the local high school without having to go to school there. They can also play sports at their local YMCA. If they want to join band or choir, they can go to the local school or they can go to the local fine arts school. I've never gone to any dances, mainly because I hate dancing, but if I had wanted to, there are lots of opportunities I could have done that. My sister visited some homeschooled friends several states away and after church each Sunday the whole congregation would have a dance.

#2586676 - 05/20/11 07:17 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
SkunkWrestler Offline
trapper

Like I said before, if you want to learn things that you can't inside the home, you just have to find them and go to wherever the learning is to be found: it's called being proactive.

#2586715 - 05/20/11 08:20 AM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Bogmaster]
Brennan Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Bogmaster
Tom

Well, I don't play sprts because I don't like them but my brother does. For him the football team is Centura, baseball is Cairo, basketball, is Centura, and the local school has no hockey or soccer. No dances. lol
Brennan-

Possum Eater

#2587067 - 05/20/11 03:48 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Brennan]
Bogmaster Offline

Loc: Lakeland,Minnesota
Skunky, I know the answer was obvious, I was being facetious.
Children are home schooled for many reasons, and a better education is not always the reason.Some kids do not fit into a public school environment- do to mental or physical problems.In these cases, home schooling may be the best option for them.
Tom

#2587163 - 05/20/11 05:49 PM Re: Homeschoolers VS Public School (moderators welcome [Re: Bogmaster]
trapmando Online   content
trapper

Loc: Myrtle Beach, S.C
X2

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  2poor, Bogmaster, tmrschessie