Trap Preparation Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How do you treat your DPs? [Re: john owen] #2037020
06/22/10 12:26 AM
06/22/10 12:26 AM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
Originally Posted By: john owen
wax one snap your finger in it and try to pull it out let me know how that goes for ya LOL

First question would be...

Why are putting your finger in a set trap?

I wax mine and except for the occasional one that needs to have some mud rubbed into the trigger slot to give it some resistance, I think it is best so far. I do my Yancy traps that way also.

Re: How do you treat your DPs? [Re: Jtrapper] #2037265
06/22/10 10:59 AM
06/22/10 10:59 AM
Arkansas
Jim Spencer Offline OP
"Resident Jerk"
Jim Spencer  Offline OP
"Resident Jerk"

Arkansas
Originally Posted By: Jtrapper
when the gasoline evaporates there's too much dip left.

Telling on yourself now, like i said IF you ever learn how to properly dip traps it won't gum up on ya. But after reading about bobcats in the top of tree's I doubt there's any hope of you ever figuring much of anything out when it comes to trapping!

Good thing all the animals in arkinsaw are dumb, lol.

Don't you have anything constructive to do? Go clean a pelican or something.

www.treblehookunlimited.com - best trapping and turkey hunting books on the planet
Re: How do you treat your DPs? [Re: Jim Spencer] #2037271
06/22/10 11:05 AM
06/22/10 11:05 AM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
If you get Trappers World ive got some helpful tips coming out in the next issue that might help you, lol.

I'll be gone after today so you won't have ol J to kick around anymore! But im heading north first, up to huntsville, might get to the gulf sometime next month at the rate im going!

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91