Lures, Bait and Urine Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Lure makers???Fenugreek #2005436
05/25/10 03:36 PM
05/25/10 03:36 PM
st. lawrence county ny
C
CLT Offline OP
trapper
CLT  Offline OP
trapper
C

st. lawrence county ny
I know the oil or extract is used but what about Fenugreek powder?Anyone use it or has anyone used it in baits?Just curious,was thinking of playing around with some in bait.

Re: Lure makers???Fenugreek [Re: ] #2005458
05/25/10 04:05 PM
05/25/10 04:05 PM
st. lawrence county ny
C
CLT Offline OP
trapper
CLT  Offline OP
trapper
C

st. lawrence county ny
I have used it in lures in liquid form but have never messed with the powder.I was thinking of adding the powder itself into a meat bait.

Re: Lure makers???Fenugreek [Re: ] #2005522
05/25/10 05:50 PM
05/25/10 05:50 PM
Alabama
A
angeloflove Offline
trapper
angeloflove  Offline
trapper
A

Alabama
Fenugreek powder will in deed goe a long way.Fenugreek has a strong, lingering nutty odor.
Highly attractive to coon, deer,red fox, coyote and gray fox.
bill uses it in his grey fox lures he makes..

as for baits your best bet is add it to your bait solution and then mix with your meat.

like cameron2 said make sure you stir the
bait very well.in baits it can be very easy to make a mistake with it when mixed with just meat.in lures or baits you want the odor to blend togather and not over ride each other.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91