The Pen and Quill

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#1962521 - 04/21/10 06:22 PM Richard E Raeker/ Who was he?
stinkypete Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
I met Rich when I was 23 yrs old. We have been friends for 23 yrs. At the time Rich was the secretary treasurer of the Minnesota trappers association. Rich was a farmer,trapper,conservationist. Manager of a newspaper, and a huge voulenteer in his community. Rich had a passion for the outdoors. Many times we floated the Saukriver fishing. He pointed out many points of interest only knowen to him. One particular spot was the buffalo grave yard in the bend of the river. Bones embedded in the river bank.

Rich always made time for everyone. I worked many conventions with Richard. Never complaining giving it his all. And with all of his work Richard took care of his aging parents and older brother.

In 2002 Richard took my dog when I moved to Ohio. Cupids arrows where flying in the fall of 2001. 5 friends fell for the love bug. Rich was one of them also. I had the pleasure of meetings rich's wife. I could hear in her voice the passion she spoke of Rich. Just as Richard would speak. A passion for life.

Many of us will not beable to attend Richards funeral on 4/22/2010. I just wanted every one to know what a wonderful person Richard was. It was an honor to be called his friend.
Live life everyday and give of yourself as Richard did.

#1962850 - 04/21/10 09:07 PM Re: Richard E Raeker/ Who was he? [Re: stinkypete]
2poor Online   content

Loc: Lake Mille Lacs , MN
One of my fondest memories of Rich was a past Trappers Convention in Barnum. At Richards suggestion I promoted a Charity " Tug of War" with teams of trappers. All the proceeds were donated to a local cancer society.
Richard stepped forward and played M.C. of the Event, screaming at the top of his lungs cheering on the contestants. He had a huge smile on his face and was not his typical quiet self.

I often think back to that evening !

It is a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job !

http://mooseriverlures.com/

#2553725 - 04/20/11 06:25 PM Re: Richard E Raeker/ Who was he? [Re: stinkypete]
stinkypete Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
I can't beleive it has been a year. There isn't a day goes by that I don't think of my friend. Richard I hope the traps are full.!!!!!!!!