Trapper's Humor

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1793650 - 02/04/10 01:14 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: PaMadTrapper]
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper

Loc: El Reno,Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: PaMadTrapper
I regret not having the video camera chargd up. I asked them to give me a protest schedule but they wouldn't. I am thinking about going to their main office in Norfolk, VA for a protest if anyone else is interested.

Could you hold off until 2/21/10, or at least that week ? I'll be going through pre-deployment stuff at Norfolk than. I'd be happy to join if I can get a ride.

#1793656 - 02/04/10 01:16 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
timrose Offline
trapper

Loc: Someplace Indiana
Great Job!

www.trappersfreedom.proboards31.com/index.cgi

#1793657 - 02/04/10 01:16 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
ThumbStateTrappr Online   content
trapper

Loc: Michigan's Thumb
I found this and it fit right in to this thread.

Underwear Provides a Chuckle While Delivering Serious Message

For Immediate Release:
February 3, 2010

Kathy Guillermo 757-622-7382

Washington -- PETA fired off a letter this morning to Robert Allison, the federal security director for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, notifying airport security officials about a new message that they might soon be seeing on some passengers' underwear. Traveling PETA supporters who are subjected to small doses of radiation in airport body scanners will wear undies with a metallic message that reads, "NASA: Don't Irradiate Monkeys."

"Just as the Transportation Security Administration has had to bring airport security measures up to date to keep pace with current events, so NASA should embrace 21st century technology and adopt test methods that don't harm animals," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "There is no excuse for blasting squirrel monkeys with radiation when modern, humane tests exist that are cheaper, faster, and more accurate."

NASA's plan, which will cost taxpayers $1.75 million, involves subjecting monkeys to harmful doses of radiation and then confining them to cages and forcing them to perform in experiments for years to study the long-term damage caused by radiation exposure. In similar studies conducted by NASA, animals have suffered from brain damage, cataracts, brain tumors, and cancer.

PETA's letter to Robert Allison follows and can be found on PETA's blog.

Dear Mr. Allison:

Re: Airport Scanning Notification

Please don't be alarmed. I'm writing on behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to let you know about the launch of our new metallic messaging campaign, which TSA staff will soon see passing through security checkpoints at Ronald Reagan Airport. Please prepare your agents to smile when you find travelers who are "transmitting" a message of compassion and urgency. The lettering on our travelers' undies, which you can see in the attached mock-up, reads, "NASA: Don't Irradiate Monkeys" and "PETA."

We appreciate your looking out for the flying public and protecting civilians from potential danger. We also believe in protecting the innocent and working to abate terror, which is why we are protesting NASA's plans to blast up to 30 monkeys with as much radiation as a human in space might endure in three years and then subject them to harsh tests to assess how the radiation damages their brains and bodies. Unlike the rays emitted by airport body scans, this extreme radiation may cause brain tumors and other types of cancer, as they did in previous NASA radiation experiments on monkeys.

Irradiating monkeys will tell scientists little about how humans may respond to radiation in deep space, but it speaks volumes about human callousness toward animals here on our own planet. Because different species, even different primate species, have such very different physiologies, animal tests are notoriously unreliable predictors of human safety and reactions. Drugs are continually being pulled off the market and procedures ended because they proved to be "safe" for animals but harmful (and even deadly) for humans. Far from devoid of resources, NASA has been sending humans into space for almost 50 years, yet it sees fit to blast animals with poisonous radiation rather than studying the true effects of space travel on those who have actually been there.

We want to assure you that PETA's compassionate metallic message is as harmless as the underwire on a push-up bra and poses no danger to the public. In fact, we hope it will save lives ... 30, to be exact. Thank you for your time.

Very truly yours,

Ingrid E. Newkirk
President

A trapper is an addict, Furbearers the drug, The outdoors the enabler, And there is no cure.

#1793720 - 02/04/10 01:41 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Shawn T]
dah35761 Offline
trapper

Loc: north alabama 42y.o.
"petaphiles" now thats funny right there

#1793764 - 02/04/10 01:55 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: dah35761]
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper

Loc: Cleveland IL
And these people are tax exempt

#1793782 - 02/04/10 02:04 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Sean D.]
grousehunter Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Sean D.
Originally Posted By: grousehunter
Way to go!!! Good job. Bye the way were did you hear the peta was killing pups?
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Thanks.

#1793793 - 02/04/10 02:07 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: muddyriverdogz]
ol' dad Offline
trapper

Loc: Lincoln County, Missouri
LMAO!!!! Thats awesome!

You should have stood up wind of those morons in the cage and farted

ol' dad

#1793816 - 02/04/10 02:16 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: PaMadTrapper]
aosteelheader Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern Oregon
That's good stuff.
Fun for the whole family. I usually HATE protesters, but you are an exception!

#1793817 - 02/04/10 02:17 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: ol' dad]
Dave Plueger Offline
trapper

Loc: Iowa (where the tall corn grow...
Way to go!! We need to start doing a lot more of that. Thanks for having the courage to fire it right back at them.

Once debated a peta activist protesting at an NTA convention in Syracuse NY. I asked him just what he actually knew about how nature operates. His reply was they once had a squirrel in their back yard! Expert you say??

#1793818 - 02/04/10 02:17 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: ol' dad]
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

Loc: On a Boat
Love it ..soooooo well done

#1793866 - 02/04/10 02:33 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Redbonechick]
Jim Spencer Offline
"Resident Jerk"

Loc: Arkansas
Originally Posted By: Redbonechick
YAY!!! that is the best thing I have seen all day.

BTW you are now my hero...lol

Pamadtrapper, now she'll think of YOU when she catches a mink. Tough luck, Nick...

To be serious for a second: Congratulations on your counter-attack. This is the way to beat those idiots - at every opportunity, show them up for the fools they are, on their own turf.

More than 20 years ago, one of the Arkansas Trappers Association's charter members, Joe Asher (still an active trapper and still a member, now in his late 80s) made a similar move. A bunch of antis showed up to protest the association's annual fur sale, then held in fayetteville, and they were marching around in a circle with their silly signs, chanting their silly slogans. Joe got in the circle and started marching around with them, but the only difference was that instead of a sign, Joe had a squirt bottle of fox pee hidden under his coat. Every chace he got, he gave one of the protesters a shot of pee on the lower pants leg. The local TV folks were there, and the film showed old Joe, marching around in his old slouch coat, squirting away and grinning like a maniac.

Can you imagine what happend that evening when those folks got back in their cars to go home and turned the heater on fuill blast? And when they got home to their schnauzers and poodles and Lhasa Apsos?

Ever since that day, Joe Asher has been MY hero. But now I guess I have two.

#1793966 - 02/04/10 03:05 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Jim Spencer]
Beavertrapper101 Offline
trapper

Loc: Saranac(Home), MI Sault Ste Ma...
Nice work i wish i was there also it would have been nice to get back at them for once!!!!!

#1793985 - 02/04/10 03:10 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Shawn T]
wink Offline
trapper

Loc: Putnam Co, WV
Thats the best story I've read in a while; WTG!!!

#1794005 - 02/04/10 03:15 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: muddyriverdogz]
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper

Loc: Cleveland IL
Just found this.They should have used a picture with you in it.LOL

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20100...ge-of-reactions

#1794009 - 02/04/10 03:16 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: wink]
huntingmaxima Online   content
trapper

Loc: MN.
Way to go man. You should have had a bottle of gusto or skunk junk with, incase you had to defend yourself.

#1794012 - 02/04/10 03:17 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: wink]
coyotecrazy Offline
trapper

Loc: upper michigan, usa
LOL thats ausome!!! I would love to find a protest like that
to mess with. great work.

#1794015 - 02/04/10 03:18 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Shawn T]
EVtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Mid-Michigan
awesome. way to go
skunk-00
Muskrat-14

#1794023 - 02/04/10 03:23 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: EVtrapper]
trapping4life Offline
trapper

Loc: MN
That is hilarious! That was a good post, and the pictures add to it!
9 Coyotes.
8 Opossums.
5 Raccoons.
1 Skunk.

#1794028 - 02/04/10 03:24 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: trapping4life]
Bottomline Offline
"Mr. President"

Loc: Johnston County, NC
Way to go man!!!! You done good!!

#1794146 - 02/04/10 04:02 PM Re: Pictures of me screwing with PETA protesters. [Re: Shawn T]
RainKing Offline
trapper

Loc: central , KS
pamadtrapper, You are a stud.

Not always what you say, but how you say it!

Member of NTA,KFHA,Sportman Alliance,NRA,OMCBA

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Drifter