Water Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1752056 - 01/20/10 11:19 PM Re: Average day on my line.... (pic heavy) [Re: Northof50]
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Loc: Goldsboro, North Carolina
hahaha, no there's no white stuff here. I think we had a snow last year, or year before last... I don't recall for sure.

It was nearly 70 today and about the same yesterday. We did have about a week of temps low enough that it put a half inch of ice on water that wasn't moving. That was about a week or two ago.

#1752062 - 01/20/10 11:23 PM Re: Average day on my line.... (pic heavy) [Re: Paul Dobbins]
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Loc: Goldsboro, North Carolina
Foxtail - "Even if that beav was caught here or in NS, it would be completely worthless. Southern fur and as small as a muskrat, less than worthless."

Actually that little beaver was a Wisconsin beaver. We generally have two types here. The ones they imported from Wisconsin and those they got from Alabama. You can tell the WI beavers because they still make feed piles outside their lodges/dens, and they still have that nice WI fur. This place has a nice feed pile. Its on the downstream side of the company road. You have to look closely to see it, and its easy to mistake for the dam in the pic. The dam where I caught the little bugger is about 50 yards downsream from the company road.

#1752308 - 01/21/10 06:52 AM Re: Average day on my line.... (pic heavy) [Re: Paul Dobbins]
merlin Offline
trapper

Loc: NB
That looks like a solid day's work, but much better than any day at the office!

Very nice pictures!

#1752461 - 01/21/10 08:08 AM Re: Average day on my line.... (pic heavy) [Re: Wade Lacey]
tmrschessie Offline

Loc: South Central Nebraska age 64
Paul that is great looking ground you trap....no snakes? lol Tom

#1752478 - 01/21/10 08:19 AM Re: Average day on my line.... (pic heavy) [Re: tmrschessie]
Tightchain Offline
trapper

Loc: S.C. Wisconsin
Very nice post Paul. Thanks

#1752508 - 01/21/10 08:37 AM Re: Average day on my line.... (pic heavy) [Re: tmrschessie]
beavernator Offline
trapper

Loc: NC
Originally Posted By: tmrschessie
Paul that is great looking ground you trap....no snakes? lol Tom

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH??? Revert back to the picture of the Nutria I posted. Notice I am wearing snake boots in Nov. I have seen water moccassins during warm spells in Dec. Some guys don't bother with boots, but I wear them all the time. We have 3 kinds of rattlesnake, plus copperheads and water moccasins. When it's above 55 deg. I wear mine to church!

#1752514 - 01/21/10 08:40 AM Re: Average day on my line.... (pic heavy) [Re: white17]
BauerPOwer Offline
trapper

Loc: Montana
that sounds like an awesome job! But i bet you wear through tires pretty quick

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  tmrschessie