Land Trapping Archive

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives~Lure Formulator Forum
~Catalog~

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#159647 - 03/30/07 05:31 PM Re: Bobcat thread / discussion on cat habits [Re: Kansasbert]
KYBOY Offline
trapper

Loc: East, Kentucky
I personally know a deer hunter who had to shoot a bobcat in self defense. He was set up beside a log and he was watching the cat sneaking up on him. It got to close for comfort and he yelled at it,several times. Made every effort to run it off and it wouldent go. It kept coming and finally he shoot it at about 8' with a .50 cal muzzleloader.

#159666 - 03/30/07 05:43 PM Re: Bobcat thread / discussion on cat habits [Re: KYBOY]
Gary Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana, 15 1/4yrs old
i have not had alot of exposure to cats ... but i do know they will sit in trees (at least leaning) and wait ... i have seen it ... as far as cats being secretive ... i agree !!! but was workin ADC in the south ... ridin down the road and spotted a cat walkin a field in the middle of the day ... guy i was with (was being showed to designated areas) pulled into the lane and back towards the cat ...the cat laid flat and held its ground ... he stopped the truck ...grabbed a 12 ga from the back of the truck and told me to start callin (predator call) ... even tho i KNEW it wasnt gonna work i squealed a few times to make him happy ... and the cat started slinkin thru the grass towards us .... couldnt believe it !! ....cat gets to within 30 or so yrds and BOOM .... BOOM ....BOOM .... lol ....cat runs into a woods ... i start laughin and the guy re-loads and tells me he knows he hits it ...and wanted to look for blood ... so we start walkin the grass where the cat had been sneakin in .... no hair, no blood, nuthin .... so we work up to a tree the cat had passed when entering the woods ... i checked the area and no blood ... give him a lil crap for not being able to shoot worth a darn and look across a lil dip in the woods and there the cat is layin ... not dead ... but layin flat watchin us ... i point the cat out and BOOM !! cat runs off ... was sum of the funniest stuff i have seen ... and the cat didnt act NORMAL what so ever .... just thought id share the story ... figured ya would get a chuckle out of it

#159686 - 03/30/07 05:54 PM Re: Bobcat thread / discussion on cat habits [Re: Gary]
KYBOY Offline
trapper

Loc: East, Kentucky
That is funny,LOL Id never let him live that down,LOL

#160108 - 03/30/07 10:34 PM Re: Bobcat thread / discussion on cat habits [Re: KYBOY]
Kansasbert Offline
trapper

Loc: Kansas
ttt

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BlueRidgeTrapper, tmrschessie