Lures, Bait and Urine Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Tinctured beaver caster? #1573144
11/02/09 09:54 PM
11/02/09 09:54 PM
Southern Tennessee
TN Ridge Runner Offline OP
trapper
TN Ridge Runner  Offline OP
trapper

Southern Tennessee
I bought a bottle of tinctured beaver caster today and after smelling it, I’m not really sure what to do with it. It smells just like Jack Daniels. I live close to Lynchburg and I’m not sure how it will do around here. If I can filter the caster out of it I know what to do with it then. Do I need to add more caster or let it age longer? Any suggestions?

Re: Tinctured beaver caster? [Re: TN Ridge Runner] #1573386
11/02/09 11:32 PM
11/02/09 11:32 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Tinctured beaver castor (TBC) is very good when used at rub sets for canines and cats. The stuff I make was never intended to be used as a beaver lure. Dad used it for canines and cats and talked about it in one of his books. Because he put it in one of his books, I still get lots of requests for it.

The alcohol odor you smell is more than likely vodka. If it's my TBC, it has 100 vodka in it as the tincturing agent.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91