10/29/09 10:31 PM
10/29/09 10:31 PM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

There is something else that should be noted about this scenario. Over the last number of years confrontations have increased although the coyotes haven't killed anyone before. However,people walking dogs have had them killed right in front of the owners. Folks working in the woods have had to start their chain saws to protect themselves while eating their lunches. They have also killed a lot of livestock over the years in some areas and yet not even harmed a hair on animals in other locations. Seems each pack has a different personality.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Coyotes kill Hiker in Cape Breton. [Re: Ridgerunner] #1567939
10/31/09 01:42 AM
10/31/09 01:42 AM
Yukon, Canada
Bogdonkey Offline
trapper
Bogdonkey  Offline
trapper

Yukon, Canada
Originally Posted By: Ridgerunner
It happens...such is life...and death...Wild Animals don;t follow Obama's rules..

Bahahahaha... awesome.

Pretty girl like that shouldn't be hiking alone. frown

Re: Coyotes kill Hiker in Cape Breton. [Re: Bogdonkey] #1567983
10/31/09 05:47 AM
10/31/09 05:47 AM
Maine
barkspud Offline
trapper
barkspud  Offline
trapper

Maine
I think a few good points and tips have been missed here. One is I have had several dogs in my life. Everyone is different and some never raised a hair in ther life. With everyone have had there always seems to be one person they don't like. For what ever reason I never understood. Always seemed to be shy well manered people too. Why wouldn't yotes be the same and they are a wild anmals. Two if you enter the wild you should be prepaired for anything. Three if a animals approach you or seems like it may. Find something to defend your self right then. If you wait till it appraoches it could be to late. I to have had yotes and bears both size me up they are not as shy as they seem. Most of them didn't make it I was prepaired. Thats to bad that had to happen. It will get twisted and blame us sportsman some how.

Rats-60
Beaver-4
otter-7
martin-0
fisher-0
weasel-2
mink-8
redfox-12
cotote-3
Re: Coyotes kill Hiker in Cape Breton. [Re: Bogdonkey] #1570770
11/01/09 08:53 PM
11/01/09 08:53 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Baer
Originally Posted By: Ridgerunner
It happens...such is life...and death...Wild Animals don;t follow Obama's rules..

Bahahahaha... awesome.

Pretty girl like that shouldn't be hiking alone. frown

Apparently she was not alone at the time she was being finished off by the coyotes who are better described as Hybrid wolves. I wondered why the RCMP were able to kill one and wound the other coyote. The more evolved story which the press didn't want to print because of the graphic death completes the picture and is much worse then we originally heard.

Apparently the people that called 911 for help heard her screams and ran to the scene. They then stood by and watched as the coyotes finished her off . The coyotes then began to devour her after ripping open both her eyes and severing her leg from her body at the hip joint. Apparently the lookers on were to AFRAID to help her. They waited for the RCMP to arrive a good 30 to 40 minutes later. That is why the RCMP,were able to plug one of the coyotes feeding on her body. I am ashamed to think folks could actually stand and watch such a thing without trying to chase the animals off the girl. Apparently the RCMP even got a second shot off and thinks he might have wounded the second animal. That tells you how aggressive they must have been if the second one didn't run away when the first one was shot.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread