Originally Posted by Guss
Sports is dead to me.

Then why comment?
Brewers/Mets postponed for rain
2 28 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Northof50
better go back and sharpen your pencil Shakey some of those castor prices are not what they posted

I'll have to look into it closer tonight. Loneranger said his price was about the same...just over $4
74 2,511 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 minutes ago
Absolutely
15 913 Read More
Trapper Talk
3 minutes ago
How does it have anything to do with China ? What am I missing ?
121 4,482 Read More
Trapper Talk
8 minutes ago
Ha
8 621 Read More
Trapper Talk
9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by claycreech
It would be a toss up between Nebraska and South Dakota for me.
I’m afraid that the lack of grey squirrels would be a deal breaker lol

Lots of squirrels in places the people will look at you crazy if you ask to hunt them the same with rabbits vastly under harvested.
56 1,411 Read More
Trapper Talk
20 minutes ago
I'm on my second f-150 with the 3.5 eco boost. Put over 100,000 on the first. 20,000 on the one I drive now. NO problems. Tow my son's 21 foot Lund or his loaded 16 ft cargo trailer with no issues except bad gas mileage. 11 with a trailer 18 around town.
14 441 Read More
Trapper Talk
38 minutes ago
I will say this: Something has changed in our youth. I go to the gym most every day. I see the young boys (and men) playing on their phones and jaw jacking when the girls are lifting weights and sweating. We seem to be raising a bunch of limp boys and the girls have more muscle mass than half the boys nowadays. Not sure what it's attributed to but it's a thing
22 945 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
43 minutes ago
I think my arms might get tired over the Range.

I'm sure you'll have enough devils to go with the eggs!

Thanks for the offer though !!
1,682 2,214,004 Read More
Wilderness Trapping and Living
46 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Trailblazersteve
When was the last time any of you have been to Club Paris? Been going, or should I say went there for 34 years. 2 proms and a proposal to my second wife there thru the years. Been twice in the last year or so and both times not nearly as good and not nearly the portions, and service was very disappointing. Heard new owners and menu changed. Won’t ever go back, sad. Sullivans across the street has taken up the slack with excellent food. Sit in the bar area, you can eat like a king and watch the street entertainment walk by thru the windows..

Oh man that is bad news. I haven't been to Club Paris in about three years. Sad to hear it's gone downhill.

Anyone tried Sushi 'N Sushi since they moved down to International Airport rd ?
17 792 Read More
Trap Shed
49 minutes ago
For making: J hooks, S hooks, sterling type swivels
And Base plates. Instructions included. Very good condition
$25.00 shipped.
0 31 Read More
Trapper Talk
52 minutes ago
Toe catches are just a part of beaver trapping. If they have a large portion of their back foot on a jaw when it fires you will have toe catches. I use guide sticks to guide the foot into the middle of the trap, it helps tremendously, but strange stuff happens occasionally where a beaver still doesnt do what its supposed to. The smaller the trap, the more likely you are to have a beaver spring the trap with a portion of its foot on a jaw. The jaws of Bridger 5's, both long springs and coils, must be somewhat rounded because I could occasionally see slippage marks on the rear feet and had some escapes. Not so with 750's. If I said how many sprung and empty 750's Ive had over the many years most would call me a liar, but use sticks to guide them in and 750's do their part. I've found out you cant set 85's shallow either, not sure why, I have ideas, but I had some sprung traps with them set shallow. If I had to pick a #3 or #4 sized trap it would be the #3 Bridger. They were my go to trap before the 750;s came out. I four coiled them strong and they worked good. I still use them where I might get theft. I see a lot of videos and pictures of guys just setting their traps in front of a castor mound or bait without guiding. Youre just asking for toe catches and sprung traps. Beaver often will go into the wind to the lure, and if its not blowing straight out, the beaver isnt as likely to step into the middle of your trap where you need it to, to get a deep suitcased hold. By guiding I explained it in this:

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1707388/beaver-footholds-with-pics#Post1707388
53 1,638 Read More
Trapping Only
52 minutes ago
[Linked Image]

For you 750 guys

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Six must be the number for the day.
Dale, if we keep going we’ll meet in the middle. lol
BP, hang in there you’ll make it. Maybe we should start a support group for off season beaver trappers. Hi my name is Beaverpeeler. Lol
1,025 70,113 Read More
Trapper Talk
55 minutes ago
[Linked Image]
388 49,784 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Actor
Originally Posted by Trapset
Cool!

Do you have any pics of leather side Garry?

Here is a photo taken after second day of breaking. Still need more work at this point...

[Linked Image]

This is the first one I worked on after day 3 of breaking... still some more work before turning. Day 4 I turned them and cleaned the fur.

[Linked Image]

Garry-

That's great, Thanks!
18 1,240 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Here are a couple of links to obtain some information. The first one is a list of upcoming trapper education courses. Just put in his zipcode to get the closest to him: https://register-ed.com/programs/new_york/128-new-york-trapper-education-course

The second link is info on the licensing requirements and also contains links to other information.
https://dec.ny.gov/regulatory/permits-licenses/sporting-and-use/sporting/trapping.

Little valley usually has a nice event but that is even farther for him.
The Trapper magazine also list all the trapping clubs in Pa. which looks like it would be closer for him.

He could also reach out on this forum and possibly be steered in the right direction : https://nytrappers.proboards.com/
10 303 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Where there has not traditionally been green beaver buyers everybody had to learn to put them up or find someone else that would. Would assume that applies to most if not all of Canada and the western US.
37 1,253 Read More
Trapping Only
1 hour ago
I've caught a wolf or two or three in my coyote traps. All my yote and wolf traps are painted ( dipped in Rust-Oleum/acetone ), aired out for a couple of weeks followed up with two coats of Zep's floor polish and stored with tamarack and spruce bows. Doesn't seem to bother them, they still get themselves caught.
1 33 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Praying for Lee
6 321 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
1 hour ago
Another thing to consider is, mink glands are somewhat volatile and fade a fair amount over time. There's ways to fix mink glands that would be too impractical in a base with the whole mink ground.
13 459 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
if you watched the video above you can see the similarity and small difference in the maverick 88 it is really just the safety

and the 88 trigger group could be used in a 500 the only receiver difference is the cut out for the safety in the 500.

4 202 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
When I was a kid we made a picture frame out of 2x6. Say 36" square. It was probably 48" actually. Anyway make a picture frame. Then toe nail some big nails around the inside perimeter every 4 inches or so. So now you have a picture frame with all the nails into the1.5" wood all around the inside with the heads facing in. Then just make a five sided chicken wire cube for the box. We used wire like a box trap and just hog ringed or zip tied the five pieces together. Then place your wood frame on the top opening and fasten it. Then bring a piece of wire up through the center and tie it off to a 6"x6" piece of plywood to float in the middle of the trap. Screw a can of sardines to the float. Drag the box into the water and set it on the bottom of the pond or whatever in a spot where the picture frame is just at the waters surface. Turtles smell the sardines, come across the pond, climb over the 2x4, get across the nails, try to get to the sardines, and sink to the bottom of the trap. The nails keep them from being able to climb back out. We hauled that thing around and loaned it out for years. I probably caught 100 turtles before I was a teenager.
3 139 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Have you looked at SWFA scopes
26 794 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Because I have made a friend or 2 in Alpina (and only because) I will let that comment slide.

grin
34 1,008 Read More
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16